Saturday, November 22, 2008

Tonight

Tonight the kids and I had dinner together after church, and it went great. The kids were so good, and I'm so thankful for times like that where it seems to go pretty smooth. So that was fun! And on our way back to our car, as we passed by the new children's building that was just built at our church, Dane stopped and said, "I pray." And he squatted down, bowed his head, and folded his hands. (I know, it sounds like I'm making this up, but I'm totally serious. It was so sweet!) Anways, this is what he prayed.
"I got ice keem (ice cream), I got Daddy, I got Mommy, I got Teda, I got Jett. I all done." And he hopped up and was ready to keep walking to the car.
Isn't that just as precious as can be? I thought so. And what more in life does a kid need- ice cream and family? :) My kids once again taught me another life lesson. When I'm thankful for things, and it comes to my mind, I can just stop what I'm doing and thank God. Pretty simple really! :)

No comments: