Friday, November 21, 2008

My thoughts for the day...

Little Teda was so sick last night. She didn't go to preschool yesterday because she had a little low grade fever, and then after her nap she woke up moaning and groaning. It was so sad! Her fever had gotten worse, and she said her tummy hurt. She never did throw up (thankfully, that's my least favorite thing to clean up!), and she didn't sleep well last night. We probably got up with her 6 times, and she just wanted her back scratched and to know we were there. SIDE NOTE: Can I just say, I have an amazing husband. He got up each time that Teda cried out- so both of us were there with her. That makes getting up in the middle of the night so much easier when we both get up. I realy appreciate how involved he is in each aspect of our lives. He is so giving and loving, and I'm just eternally grateful for my husband!) Anyways, Zach said, "I can't blame her. I want my mommy and daddy when I'm sick too." I thought that was pretty cute. He is a total mama's boy, he loves his mom so much. In fact when I first met him, that was one of the things I loved about him. I had gone to Colorado to visit him for the weekend, and he and his roommates had a bbq. He had invited his family, and that was the first time I met them. When he saw his mom, he called her mama, and I was then even more convinced I was going to marry him! And his dad- he so loves his dad too. He talked to him on the phone the other night (his dad lives in Florida), and when he got off, he said I miss my dad.

I don't know how he feels because my family all lives here, and I know it's really hard for him to not have his family here. It doesn't seem quite fair sometimes that I can just go see my parents, grandparents, sisters, and other family any time I want. I truly love that I can do that, but I also wish that Zach's family could be here too. We're going to Colorado for Christmas to see some of his family, and we're really looking forward to that. We get to be there for almost a week, so that should be really fun! We're driving, and I think that will be better than being on a plane with three kids so little, and having to bring all the carseats, and a few pack n plays. So grammy and poppie, before you know it, we'll be there at your house- we can't wait!

No comments: