A few updates and little stories:
I'm in the middle of week 36 of this pregnancy- how crazy! I had my dr appointment on Tuesday, and I'm dialated to 1cm. Not really that big of a deal, but I'm excited to be dialated at all. It's funny though because they say, "If you go into labor at any point from now on, we won't stop you..." Like it could be anytime now! But I know better than to believe that I'll have this baby in the next few weeks. I wish I would, but very unlikely that I will. We may induce on July
19th, so that could be little Deklan's birthday. Exciting! I can't say I feel awesome right now, being this pregnant. I'm REALLY hot, that's for sure. My mood still is up and down all day long- but I'd probably say that pregnant or not. Breathing is getting more and more difficult each day, as he just keeps growing. :) Sleeping is not too much fun either. I think once he's out, I'll feel better. In some ways I'll feel better, and in others, it will be new challenges to figure out! But we're ready, as ready as we can be I guess! :):)
The other night, as I was reading the kids a Bible story before bed, the ice cream man came down our street- I know, seriously? Yes, he totally did and it was 7:30pm. They were like, "The ice cream man!" I told them that was silly that he was on our street when all the kids were going to bed. Later as Zach was giving her goodnight kisses and tucking her in, she said, "Daddy? Why was the ice cream man here tonight?" He said he didn't know. And she replied, "The ice cream man is just wasting kids time, coming here at bedtime." She's so tell it like it is. Zach has been been saying that to me a lot lately- the ice cream man is just wasting kids time... too funny.
On Monday night, the kids were super antsy, so Zach and I decided we'd take us all to Chili's for dinner. Quite an undertaking, in my opinion since the kids don't sit all that still very well yet. Well, I take that back. Teda does great, and Dane does pretty good too. But Jett, forget about it! So we get there, and we were prepared that it would be tough but we were determined to have a great time still. We ordered an appetizer of skillet queso with chips, so we'd all be occupied while waiting for our food. Well, the queso was not quite right, it was pretty soupy. Zach and I were talking about it, trying to decide if we were going to tell our waitress and see if she could fix it or not. We decided we would ask her about it. And a few minutes later, Teda said very matter of factly, "We did not come here to have soupy cheese." All we could do was laugh, she's too much! So that's another thing we've been saying to each other this week- we did not come here to have soupy cheese!
About a week and a half ago, I was sitting on the couch with Jett, and he wanted to see the baby. So he's looking at my belly and says he's hiding behind my belly button. Dane comes over and says that Deklan is going to come out on his birthday (his due date is 2 days after Dane's birthday, so you never know!) But Jett doesn't like that Dane said that, so he says, "No, MY birday!" Then he continues on by telling me (and this takes a bit for him to get it all out) that "Dwekwin" (Deklan) will come at his "potty" (party), at "gwamas" (grandma's)... oh yeah, and "pwetty soon". So, the story is that Jett is convinced that baby Dwekwin will come out at his potty at gwamas, pwetty soon. How sweet is that! Then later on that day he decided that maybe the baby will come out of his belly button rather than mine. I love it. This is really his first string of ideas that he's put together like this- a little story teller!

No comments:
Post a Comment