Monday, August 23, 2010

A Birthday Everyday

Lately, Jett has been telling me something pretty cute every time he sees something he likes. It could be a toy that we've had forever, but he just likes it. He'll bring it to me and say, "Wook wat I got fer my berday!" He even told me that he got our tv for his berday today. He's a funny kid! My nephew Dallas had his 1 year old birthday party on Saturday (Happy Birthday Dally Boy!), and Jett was just picking the birthday presents that he liked and bringing them to us telling us he got them for his birthday. We said, "Is it Dally's birthday?" No, he would say. "Who's birthday is it?" He'd say very matter of factly, "It's Jetts." And how do you break it to a two year old, we only have birthdays once a year? I don't. He'll learn soon enough. :)

Dane was so sad the other day at the store because we told him his birthday wasn't going to be for a while. He was crying saying, "I want my birthday to be now- can you make it now??" I love their innocence- they don't get time at all. And his birthday is July 24th (July funny four is what Dane used to say), but now he says it's July Twenty Five. And when I tried to correct him the other day, he got really upset and said it's not Twenty Four anymore because he's already four. Now it's twenty five because he's going to be five. Cracked me up! That's pretty smart thinking for a four year old. :) So I didn't argue with him. He'll get it someday- but for now I'm fine with him and that train of thought. I love it!

Fun times here- some moments I want to pull all my hair out and bang my head against the wall.... then the next moment I'm loving this- thinking, why was I all bent out of shape a minute ago?

Zach and I were talking with a good friend that also has 4 kids, and we were talking about how crazy it gets sometimes. The noise, chaos, and just all of it and we were saying how do you cope sometimes? There are times when the noise is just TOO much, and I get an instant headache... she said very surely, "Lavender. Put a few drops under your tongue, and the anxiety of it all just fades away." We cracked up at the idea that we're using remedies to deal with the noise level... and this was the best... Zach said, "Oh, I know of another great one that I use. Budweiser. Put a little under my tongue and swallow. It really helps!" Disclaimer!: Zach is not a crazy drinker by any means... he just really enjoys a nice cold beer in a frosty mug after a long day. If I liked the taste of beer (gross!), I'd join him. I think I'll stick to my diet coke to help me relax. :)

No comments: