I can't believe how hard that is to do! It's usually about 10 minutes before we're to get out the door that things get rough. One kid throws a fit for random reasons- doesn't want hair done that day, wants to spray the hair gel and won't let me help him, doesn't like the way their socks feel on their feet (ahem- Teda), hears me tell Jett we're not watching a movie right now and we can after we take the kids to school (ahem- Dane, that one was my bad- telling him that in front of my movie buff, Dane- who once he heard that said he didn't want to go to school)... it only takes one small thing and all seems to be lost. Once they get started with the whining, both them and me have a very hard time recovering. I start to think, oh great! We're going to be late again... and it continues in the car almost the whole way to school! And the "issue" is never really the real "issue"... ie: Teda found a bug on her carseat this morning, and it fell out of her hands. She freaked out. I mean, freaked out about it. And I had to pull over so she could see if it was in her seat. She never did find it, and all the while I'm telling her to just forget about it and get back in her seat so we can get to school! Oh me cow... (as Jett would say for Holy Cow)
I've heard this transition to kindergarten is a tough one- and to expect it to be about a month before it gets to feel like a routine and "normal" to them and to me. What about for Dane? I put him in 3 days of preschool this year, but maybe I shouldn't have done that. He told me this morning he never wants to go to school, and Teda never said that. He asked me when he was going in his class if I could draw a sad face for him because he was sad. That's nice isn't it? I asked him why he was said and he said because he misses me. Melted my heart and I didn't want to make him go. He did end up going, and was just fine when I picked him up today. (Teda was too- I saw her in her music class and she was having a great time) Could it be it's just a new situation and he's not comfortable yet? I just think I'm extra sensitive and these things are hard for my hormonal self to deal with right now. And everything is ALWAYS worse when I'm driving in my van that has no air conditioning. It's so hard to think positive when I'm dripping with sweat, just wishing us home as fast as possible. (We're looking for a new vehicle now- I don't think I can last until it gets cooler! So hopefully we'll find the "right" vehicle soon...) So I have to remember that I'm way more negative and worrysome when I'm either in the car or just got out of it... and I started this blog post right after I got home from taking the kids to school today.
I'm looking forward to when the baby is a little bigger, I'm feeling more myself, we are in a groove, and I can actually think straight about stuff. AH! Being like this is so weird- I'm SO indecisive, confused, I over think everything, worry more than normal... it's my hormones I'm sure! Having 4 kids so far is not easy. It's wonderful too, as weird as that sounds to say it's hard and wonderful. But I also know I go through this every time I have a baby- it's just a tough transition for me. But then I start to get used to it, I start feeling more like Lisa, and all is right with the world again. Until then, I have to just keep swimming swimming swimming (like from Nemo- that's what Dori says....)

1 comment:
Lisa, I love you! And just reading your blogs today made my anger melt away after standing in the burning hot post office waiting to pick up a package for 20 min. while sweat was dripping all over everyone, my 2 oldest are running around like maniacs, and my big baby is breaking my back and wants to crawl on a gross dirty floor!! I too cannot think straight with sweat dripping all over me! so frustrating :) Hang in there!!
Post a Comment