Thursday, August 12, 2010

We'll laugh about it.... later

So last night, Zach came home with an amazing hot meal prepared by our good friends (thank you Rob and Roz for the baked Ziti with meatballs, meatloaf, and fresh rolls- they were AMAZING!!! And thank you to all our friends and family who signed up on foodtidings and either already have or are going to bring us dinner- it is SO wonderful not to worry about dinners yet...) We were eating it, and Jett said he had to go potty. So I said go ahead, and come right back. He went in there, and I thought I heard him going potty. Key word, thought. I heard the toilet flush. Then silence. The dreaded silence from a two year old. Yes, you probably know where this is going...

I go in to make sure he's done and is headed out of the bathroom, and I see him dipping one of Deklan's dirty diapers in and out of the toilet. He had a deer in the headlights look on his face when he saw me. "JETT! Yucky!" He said, "What?!" in his sweet boy voice. He had toilet water up to his elbows, toilet water all over the floor, and I was grossed out. I washed his hands.

Zach had been in the other room when this all took place, so he comes out- happy to be home after a long day, ready to eat his hot dinner, and asks where Jett is (I'd put him in his room) I told him he was playing with a diaper and I couldn't handle it. He said he'd deal with it, and got up to head into the bathroom. He figures out that something else had been flushed down the toilet- the hard way. He flushed it, and the water just went up and up until it reached the top of the toilet, almost over flowing. Bummer.

I went to ask Jett what he flushed down there. I said Jetty, did you flush a diaper down the toilet? He said in an excited voice, "YEAH!" I told him that's not good, we don't flush diapers down the toilet. Diapers don't go in the toilet, buddy. I'm thinking, is he hearing anything I'm saying? Probably not. He's 2. He's only 2, I have to keep reminding myself. It seems like he's older since we already have another child after him. But he's just 2. I need to cut him some slack. 2 year olds put things in the toilet.

Anyways, Zach researched online what to do when a diaper is flushed, and he found that he may have to take the whole toilet apart to get to it. Not happening. So he called his plumber friend, he will get back with us. And we locked the bathroom door. We're too tired to deal with a flushed diaper. So the door is still locked, and we're all using our bathroom.

He's such a sweet boy. Sometimes. But he's so cute. He has his ups and downs. But we all do! I certainly do right now for sure. He has been throwing lots of fits and saying no to us often. He puts up a fight at naptime and bedtime now, puts up a fight at the dinner table over veggies and even fruits now- he's a self proclaimed carnivore- yikes!, and it's SO tiring that he doesn't get out of the van when we arrive somewhere (he goes all over it... I'm just sitting outside in the heat with the other 3, and I'm trying to coax him out, or I'm just very firmly telling him to get out or else... it's exhausting!)- that's the worst one I think. But I know the other 2 did this, they had their own 2 year old troubles. I seem to forget all that. So this is all normal. Just feels un-normal considering how tired I already am. This too shall pass...and we will laugh about it all then. :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

a friend of mine some how had his two year old figure out how to climb up and turn the water on in the bathroom sink, it over flowed and the master bathroom, closet, and bedroom where in two inches of standing water...