This morning the kids were at my moms (while I took Deklan to get circumcised- yikes... but great news, he gained 2 oz, and is 5lb 11oz now- yea!!!!). Anyways, Jett loves to wear other peoples shoes. Especially Teda's. So he was putting on some of her dressy white shoes in my mom's family room, and he looked down at them and said, "It's perfect." My mom agreed with him and told him he was perfect. So then he walked around saying "I'm perfect." Kids are just awesome- even when I think I can't do one more minute of taking care of them, meeting their needs, and trying to nurture them, then they go and do something so adorable and I remember why I love being a mommy.
I know we're not perfect and Jett is not perfect. But you know what he is? He's perfectly imperfect, and I love that. God knows that we'll never be perfect (until we get to Heaven), but we work hard at doing our best, loving God, being loved by Him, and loving others- and that's all we can do. My mom has a magnet on her refrigerator that says "Make a new mistake every day." I love that saying. Because if we're making mistakes, we're learning and we're growing. We're trying new things, and we're growing from them. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment