Dane working on learning to write his name!
I got this idea from my friend Katie. Her daughter just turned 4, and she interviewed her. So I just interviewed Dane, and here's what we came up with.... :)oh, and I will be posting Dane's 4 year old birthday party pics soon too! It was July 24th. Then I will be posting his first day of preschool pics too- it was yesterday! :)
Me: - can I ask you some questions?
Dane: yes, um hm. Yeah, what is It?
Me: What's your favorite color?
Dane: uh dark blue
Me: Is that always your favorite color?
Dane: yes
Me: what do like to play with?
Dane: a big ball (as he’s jumping on and bouncing all over a big exercise ball… on our bed… not so safe, but hey it’s keeping him in the room to answer my questions!)
Me: What do you and your brother Jett like to do together?
Dane: this is the perfect game for us. We do the bowling game, and wii, and bowling. And then we play the star wars game.
Me: What's your favorite thing to do with your sister Teda?
Dane: um, I like to play with her. And I like to play tag you’re it. Tag, you’re it, like this (showing me, and tagging me, tag you’re it!! Ahh!! Running around….)
Me: What about Daddy?
Dane: Um, I like to do a marble game when we set up the box, like, so it can go down down down. I like that game to do at our new house. When we did that at our old house. I wanna do that again with daddy. But can you tell him that?
Me: um hum
Dane: okay
Me: What do you think of your daddy?
Dane: um, I love him. And then I do cart wheels with him, like this (showing me)
Me: What do you think about your new brother Deklan
Dane: good, and I love him and I like to watch movies with him.
Me: What is your fav thing to do with me?
Dane: I like to watch um, Karate Kid 1, at the movie theater.
Me: What do you think about being 4 years old?
Dane: Um, I like to have gum. I like to have bubble gum and I like to have minty gum.
You said I would get a spankin mom, remember (remembering I told him he was going to get a spanking when we got home this morning for not listening in the car… I forgot too! Yikes…)
And I like to play Charlie the Churchmouse game (on the computeR)
Me: What's the hardest house rule to follow?
Dane:: Um, I don’t know.
Me: what’s hard to do when I tell you not to do something
Dane: um, to not play with deklins toys.
Me:. If you could have any pet that you wanted, what would it be?
Dane: Uh, a horse.
Me: oh a horse… why a horse?
Dane: because I never rided one.
Me: where would we keep him?
Dane: In a gate. Not in a gate, like in a black thing. He can go in and stand and we can lock him inthere. And when it’s time to get out, we can go ride him.
Me: sounds like you have that all thought out.
Me: What's your favorite food?
Dane: Ummmmm, I like rice cakes.
Me: laughing… rice cakes?
Dane: rice cakes, and fishies. I’m talking about my snack. Fishies and rice cakes.
Me: anything else you like?
Dane: I like yummy gums (fruit snacks) and then I like crackers. And then I like Cheez-its. And then peas. Peas for dinner. And then chicken for dinner. And then ramen. And then Chicken that’s long… a chicken stick (a drumstick.)
Me: laughing.
Dane: no it’s not funny! It’s not really funny. It’s a chicken stick that you can eat. And you cannot eat the bone out of it. (it’s true- watching him eat a drumstick is hilarious. He cleans the bone. Like he practically sucks on the bone once it’s cleaned off. I have to ask him to stop each time because I get grossed out! He LOVES drumsticks. Funny.)
Me: What foods don't you like?
Dane: um, I don’t like rice cakes. I mean, I don’t like rice.
Me: anything else you don’t like?
Dane: I don’t like chicken fingers.
Dane: (now interviewing me…) Mom how many times would you want to defend yourself.
Me: repeating the questions- how many times would I want to defend myself?
Dane: like 40 times? …………mom watch! (showing me a trick with the big exercise ball… now Jett is up there too. I’m SURE someone is about to get hurt and cry…)
Me: What's your favorite thing to do with our family?
Dane: Um, I would like to build this bed (seeing a picture of a loft bed Zach is planning on building in the boys’ room.) and have a tiger like this (there is a stuffed tiger in the picture)…………..Dane: singing- hey now you’re a rock star….. oh oh…. Hey now, I’m a rock star….. mom, how many times would you want to defend yourself?
Me: as many times as I needed to
Dane: ok, what TIMES would you like to mom, I said… (wanting a number)
Me: maybe like 10
Dane: yeah, maybe like 10 or something like that.
Me: what is your favorite thing that our family does together?
Dane: I like to watch movies. I like to watch kid movies and then mommy and daddy movies. I like lemonade.
Me: What's your favorite movie?
Dane: um, Karate Kid II.
Me: Why do you like the movie Karate Kid?
Dane: because, Karate Kid I, I like him because he does this (showing me a kick.) he kicks very handsome, and I like it. He’s very handsome (Daniel) and I like him.
Me: He’s very handsome? Or the way he kicks is very handsome….
Dane: The way he kicks is very handsome.
Me: anything else you wanna tell me?
Dane: I like to have marshmallows and chocolate. And then I like fire because we get to make the, what is it called again? (me typing, him getting impatient) What is it called again MOM!
Me: Smores.
Dane: yeah, smores. Singing, hey now I’m a rockstar….hey now are you rockstar…
Jett: bringing me a newborn outfit we got as a gift from a friend…. He has no diaper on, and says, “I wanna try dese, kay?”
Me: no, those are for dekky.
Jett: oh.
This concludes Dane’s 4 year old interview!

1 comment:
Hil. Larious.
Post a Comment