Dane: Mom, when I'm firty free (33) can I have coffee?
Me: Absolutely, buddy (too cute- he'd already made a deal with my dad that when hes 35, my dad will take him out for coffee- that means dad you have to live until you're at least 85 to make that date with you're sweet grandson, okay? :))
Jett: When I'm two can I have coffee?
Me: (Amused) No way! When you're twenty two you can though...
Jett: No! (frustrated... pauses, and I know his little wheels are spinning...)
Before this,we'd been talking about how they were going to have dinner at McDonalds with Uncle Alan and Aunt Judy. He'd decided he was going to have a cheeseburger. So here's what he says next...
Jett: I'm goin to get a cheeseburger at the coffee store.
Me: You are?
Jett: Yeah...
Did you catch that? Jett is our little one that if you say no, he immediately starts to try and find another way around it- a loop hole if you will. So I think in his mind he thought if he gets a cheeseburger at the coffee store, he can get coffee too- at the age of 2, just like he originally asked. He's smarter than we give him credit for! I told Zach the other night I thin k he's going to be the jock that is super smart. We shall see! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment