Monday, October 4, 2010

A Visit From Grammy!


We had an awesome weekend with Grammy. She came to visit us from Colorado, and got to meet little Deklan for the first time. She got to experience what life is like in the Shepherd household for a weekend- Friday we took Teda and Dane to school, then Deklan, Jett, Grammy, and I went to the bookstore to hang out until it was time for open gym at the gymnastics place. We watched Jett jump all around, run and play, then it was time to pick up some In N Out and bring it to Zach's class after we picked up Dane from school. We had lunch in his classroom, and she got to see where he teaches. :) Then it was home for nap time and to wait for Teda and Zach to get home from school. We enjoyed dinner at home that evening. She said she loved eating at the table at home with us just to see the real us- the loud voices, the prayer before we ate, the sometimes crying, the sending little one who won't eat his food to his room and watching him come back with a smile on his face ready to eat a few minutes later, the random "I love you"'s from Dane our little lover boy, the "can I have a treat after I eat this bite?" song and dance, just the realities of dinner with a family of 6- four of them 5 and under. When I look at it like that, it's fun and something to enjoy and soak in!

Saturday we had pancakes for breakfast, watched the boys wrestle, and headed back to the school for a fundraiser (pretty cool- Chrystler came out, and for every new car test driven around the parking lot by someone 18 or older, they gave the school $10. It's totally win win for school and dealership because maybe someone would buy a car from them after that!), rummage sale, and hot dogs for lunch. Nap time again on Saturday, and we Zach cooked up some yummy salmon, asparagus, red potatoes, and salad for dinner (thanks Mom!) at home. Then we had a movie night to end it all (movie nights are pretty much our kids FAVORITE thing right now).

Sunday, we headed to IHOP for breakfast with my parents, Sarah, Trevor, and little Dallas. We had a great table on the patio, which was awesome since we're so loud anywhere we go! Dane got his whole arm stuck in this tiny hole meant to be a drain for when it rains. I couldn't believe his arm would even fit in that hole! His Uncle TT told him it was a monkey hole- the monkey sees a banana on the other side of the hole, puts it's arm in the hole, grabs the banana, gets his arm stuck, and gets popped on the head and caught. HA! I cracked up, and still laugh when I think of it because even this morning Dane was saying that he got his arm stuck in a monkey hole. My black and white, tell it like it is daughter Teda had a few things to say to Dane about that- Dane, that's not true because when TT said it, mommy laughed and told TT he was silly... she can read between the lines, can't she! I have to be careful what I say around her now! Anyways, it was a great breakfast. I really wish we all lived in the same place so we could do more things like that together. Oh well, in a perfect world we would, but until then we'll just have to do it every time mom comes into town!

We finished her trip by going to church together. It was a short trip, but very sweet. Too short, if I do say so myself. The kids just adore her, and we miss her already. Come back soon, Grammy! Thanks for coming, and we miss you!!!! :)

First time Grammy held Deklan...
First time Grammy fed him...


Silly!



Jett was too sweet holding Dek's hand while he danced to some music

Deklan was just a little smiley boy while getting his bath.. and he couldn't take his eyes off his big brother Dane. It was SO cute!
This was Deklan just so into Dane during his bath- how cool is this picture!

Licking the bowl after making brownies- yum!

Mommy and Deklan after his bath...

Teda and Teda!





No comments: