Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Gratitude

Gratitude Journal....

Giving thanks to My Almighty God is the key to it all. No matter the circumstances, I want my hands to be raised in thanks to You, My Father in Heaven. You are Sovereign, You reign, all the time. You are Good, all the time, all the time, You are Good.

This Lord, is what I want to focus on in my times with you, and all throughout the day. To give thanks. To learn how to praise You. In everything. I want it to become so routine and normal that I do it as easily as I breathe. I'm going to start a gratitude journal here on my blog, recording the many gifts that God desires to give me. May I have eyes to see and ears to hear, to receive these gifts...

Starting now:
1. Listening right now to my kids and their daddy sing a song of praise to you, "Yes Lord, Yes Lord, Yes, Yes, Lord Amen." And daddy is playing the guitar- his first hymn played and sang with them. He's wanted to do that for so long. How incredibly exciting and wonderful. Praising you with our voices and our instruments and our hearts.

2. A warm and cozy house to live in. We don't deserve to be this blessed. Thank you, Lord for your generosity. And forgive me for the many, many times I've felt that I need more, or worse- deserve more. May I have a heart that is fully content, that shares and gives, not one that takes and wants for me. I can learn that from my sweet son, Dane who gives all the time. Constantly thinking of others. Thank you for that continuous reminder and lesson on how to give and think of others more than myself.

3. My babies' tiny sweet voices. I never want to forget the sweetness in the sound of their voices. It's just so right. It's the sound of Your voice. They're made in Your image, and their voices radiate You.

4. My grandparents- their love and support from as long as I can remember. I cherish the time I get to spend with them, to be with them, and feel to blessed that my kids get to do the same. Thank you, Lord.

5. Rainy days, a beautiful beginning to the upcoming fall season. So excited for the cool weather...

6. Dinner at the table together as a family. It's loud, funny, serious, crazy, training grounds, story telling, joke telling, encouragement receiving, smiles traded... may I think of the beauty of the dinner table and time together as a family each night.

7. Our friend and neighbor who was willing to take time out of his morning to help us as our van battery was dead. He served our family, and we were blessed with a charged van battery and able to get where we needed to go today. Thank you, Tony- and thank you Lord for providing for us. Thank you also for Psalm 56- I was able to take a moment in my frustration and regroup by reading this psalm. It was exactly what I needed to begin to turn my attitude around and be thankful.

8. Dr. Dan, who adjusted our sweet 11 week old. Thank you Lord, that You made our bodies to be intricately woven together in our mother's womb- carefully and perfectly, you made us. Now Deklan is in line, and functioning better than he was last night. Thank you.

God, may each time I do this be an exercise for me to begin to see You in everything. Teach me to truly love You, Father.

No comments: