Thursday, October 14, 2010

These Are The Moments

Today is a chill day. Teda has a fever, is laying on the couch by me, Deklan lays smiling next to me, the boys play around me, the movie "The Tooth Fairy" is on, and I'm just checking my facebook and relaxing. These are the moments. Of course, right after I typed this, the boys started wrestling, and something almost hit Dek in the face and I got pretty serious with them... hey it's all good. The wonderful moments are all mixed in with the other ones. :)

If you would've seen me yesterday, for most of the day I couldn't have told you a positive thing if I tried. It was the hardest day of having four kids so far. Teda has been having a very very hard time in the mornings getting ready for school. She hates the way certain things feel on her, like the seams on her socks... the way her shorts feel on her... the way the seam on her shorts moves to the left when she sits... things I can't really fix. So that's been tough, and Zach and I are just taking this one day at a time. Zach had a great talk with her last night, and that went really well. Then she was up several times last night with a sore throat and ear aches, then woke up this morning with a fever. So we couldn't see exactly how well it went by doing our moring routine and seeing how she did. In due time.

This little girl gets sick a lot. It's hard because I start to wonder if we're missing something. We went to my grandparent's chriopractor yesterday (he's awesome by the way- anyone in Phx you should all go see Dr Dan!), and both Teda and I are pretty much a mess. Our necks and backs are out of alignment. I would expect that for me, but for my 5 year old? He said that it's not all that normal for someone her age to be out like she is. I have to admit I felt guilty and it's depressing. But at the same time I feel hopeful because I know Dr Dan can help us. The body is all connected, and that could be a huge reason why she keeps getting sick. Each part of the spine is connected to the nervous system, and when they're not all aligned, it causes issues in all different ways. So her asthma, her constant colds that go to her chest, her leg cramps- they could all be corrected or at least helped very much by chiropractic care. We're getting our whole family in, and I can't wait to be straightened out. :) By the way, I had Deklan adjusted last week and then again yesterday, and he's doing great. The day after he was adjusted last week, he pooped 4 times- he hadn't gone in like 2 days before that. Last night, he slept better than he ever has, and only woke up once to eat. I know this is going to be great for our whole family.

I think God knew that the kids and I really just needed a day to rest and re-fuel. And if it takes my girl getting a fever so she can't go to school and we all have to stay home, then so be it.

Dane just came up to me with his play stethescope, and said "Let me check you heart." So he did, and he said, "Someone's walking... God's walking in your heart." What a beautiful picture- God's walking in my heart, He's with me. I love it.

No comments: