Thursday, October 23, 2008

Dane

Dane saying "cheese", and making his cheese face for the camera.

They're starting to really look alike!
Caught ya red handed! Dane with red ink all over his hands. :)


Dane. He's my little reminder to enjoy life. To find joy in things. He is just so full of joy, SO smiley and happy. He calls me, "nanee" when he's feeling very sweet, or when he hasn't seen me in a while. Pretty adorable. And he loves family- when we're all together, he just points to us all and calls us all by name. He is so excited when Zach comes home, "Daddy!!!!" It's awesome. And he loves to go to "gamas house", always asking if we can go there. Our kids adore grandma and papa- and have so much fun at their house. As a matter of fact, he just came up to me and said, "I wa go gamas house..." Isn't that funny!? He is a total goof, and finds a reason to dance often. He really loves "big" rocks lately too. And he will put them in the cup holder in the van, next to his car seat. Or he just will hold them. And if he's walking and sees a rock that is bigger than the one in his hand, you know he's gonna stop and trade his current one for this bigger one. He TOTALLY lives in the moment. He helps me to remember to "stop and smell the roses" so to speak. Oh, and now he just came in the room with his crocs on the wrong feet (it's too cute to correct, and hey he's getting his shoes on himself!), and with his juice and a toy car, and with great excitement said, "I wan go gamas house!" Then he looked down at my jeans and saw a hole, put his finger in it and cracked up.

He is two though, so there are things that we're working on.......like listening. And following directions. And being kind, and not growling at his sister. That's his newest thing, when he gets frustrated, he just growls really loud at Teda. It scares her, and makes her cry. Rightly so, it is rather scary to hear him do it. So we're working on that. It's one thing I never thought I'd say in my lifetime, "Dane, we don't growl at sister." I think once he learns how to communicate when he's upset or frustrated, that will help. And he's biting again. He did it a few weeks ago in the nursery at church. I think that is a communication thing too that will come as he gets a little older.

He's such a little lover. He always wants to be held, and to be snuggling with someone. He lately will sit with me and just rub my back. It's so sweet! I'm almost sure his love language is physical touch. And I almost forgot, he is in constant motion- always on the run. I'm thinking it's a boy thing, but also hoping when he gets a little older he'll slow down a bit. But I know that's wishful thinking, and will not happen. He's such a curious kid too- everything is fair game to touch to him. He's figuring out this world we live in by using his senses. He's a little sweetie boy!

No comments: