Thursday, October 23, 2008

Teda


Here's Teda with her preschool teacher. We went to family night last week, and she showed us all around her classroom.

Here's Teda on her new bike! She can ride it really well- she's growing up so fast!





Teda is still enjoying school. I got to help out today in her class, and she is still quite the little observer. She really didn't play with anyone. One of the girls in the class asked her when they were in line after playground time if she wanted to come over for a playdate. Teda looked at me with such excitement, as if to say, "Can I go mom?!" So she's decided that she should come over to our house too, and we should invite her to Teda's birthday party (because we're already planning it you know, it's right around the corner- I mean to say that Teda is planning it, she talks about her birthday in February all the time)... she is still on the lookout to be sure her classmates are following the rules. And if they're not, she will let them know. One boy today walked into the room and didn't get his name tag on first, and she was very concerned about that. She was telling him, no you have to do that first. And her teacher told her, "It's okay, he's going to do it a different way." And she was just fine with that, almost as if the teacher had given the boy permission to do it a different way or something. I don't know, our little girl is very much a perfectionist right now. And she likes things to be just so. Like yesterday we were making little shapes out of our turkey at lunch, using cookie cutters. And I was helping her make them, and a few didn't turn out like the shape they were supposed to be (note to self, cutting meat with a cookie cutter doesn't work all that great), and she would immediately eat the ones that didn't turn out right. I think it was because she didn't want to have to look at them. I have been trying to tell her that if things aren't just right, it's still okay. Maybe it's just a stage, but maybe it's just part of her personality.

She loves to help out with things, anything really. She enjoys helping me make dinners and bake things. And the other day I was in the kitchen and mentioned out loud, wow my feet are so dirty (from wearing flip flops all day)... and a few minutes later Teda came into the kitchen with the decoration towel from the kids' bathroom. She'd gotten it wet in the bathroom, and said, "Mom, give me your foot." And she began to wash my feet......amazing. She has such a servants heart. She heard me say my feet are dirty and thought, I can help that. I'll wash mommy's feet. It was so simple to her, she saw a need, and filled it. It stopped me in my tracks because at that particular time, I was just in go mode, basically trying to finish up with the day and be done with it. What a reminder for me to be a help to people in need. And not to be selfish, as I so often am. Jesus washed his disciples feet. It's such a selfless thing to do. Pretty awesome.

AND, we got her a bike with training wheels! And she rides so well! Zach took the kids to get bikes on Monday while I was grocery shopping- the weather was so nice, and we'd been wanting to get them bikes. So we got a big girl bike with training wheels for Teda, and a tricycle for Dane. It's so fun to watch them ride- Dane is just learning, and Teda went all the way down the end of our street on the sidewalk yesterday. She's growing up faster than we can believe. And she's getting taller- all of the sudden it seems like her legs are so long! Things that were just the right length seem to be short on her. I guess all those nights she woke up crying saying her legs hurt really were growing pains. She's our little sweetie, and I feel so blessed to have her. She's my little angel- reminding me to be patient and kind. She'll even tell me when I'm not- she'll say, mommy, God wants us to be kind to one another. It's awesome. :)

No comments: