
Today we went to check out a park we heard great things about. It was in Anthem, and it was really fun! We also went to check out something they have going on this weekend to see if it would be worth it to go tomorrow morning with my sisters and parents. I think it's gonna be awesome! The playground at this park was very fun, and the kids had a great time. I was a little nervous because it's a big place, and a few times I lost track of where both kids were. I tried to get them to stay together, and for the most part they did. But once Teda hit her head and came to get a hug from me, and in the process we lost where Dane was. Then we found him. It was this sinking feeling in my heart that I would get when I would lose sight of one or both of them, then such relief and peace when I saw them again. And it was even cooler when I wouldn't see Dane, and then look around one of the slides and see that he was looking for me too and I could see his mouth moving and looking around saying, "Mommy..." Then the joy on his face when our eyes met, and this great big smile, and I'm sure relief and peace in his heart as well. I ended up just going up the ramps with them to make sure I could keep track of them.
There was one time when I was putting sun screen on Dane's face, and knew Teda was on the slide right in front of me. Then I finished and looked up to see Teda, and she was not there anymore. I panicked a bit inside, and looked at the exit to see if a man was running off with her (my mind takes me to the worst places sometimes), and I didn't see anything. All I could see was a ton of other kids, and not my own. I left Dane right there by the stroller and went to the bigger slides (not far from where we were), and didn't see her. So I went back and got Dane to take him with me to go find Teda. We ended up seeing her almost right away. It reminds me of the scripture about how Christ will leave 99 sheep to find the 1 lost. My first reaction was to leave Dane where he was because I knew where he was, and run to go find my 1 lost one. And I would've searched all day to find her- turned that playground upside down (making sure not to lose Dane also in the process of course). Wow, I'll bet that's how Jesus feels when we stray. I'll bet He feels a bit unsettled, and then relief when we are found and return to Him. I'm sure He does. Pretty awesome. I have such a loving, caring Father, that He would leave 99 of his sheep to go and find me. I know that I mean a lot to Him. That is such a cool picture that give me of God.
Ps- that scripture is found in Luke 15:4-7: "Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Does he not leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it? And when he finds it, he joyfully puts it on his shoulders and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.' I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.


No comments:
Post a Comment