I just came across this picture while I was reading Money Saving Mom blog, and I'm just in awe of the beauty of this flower. God is so amazing. There are hardly words for it. He just must've so enjoyed creating the earth and everything in it. I mean, this flower just speaks volumes to me. He takes time to make a flower so beautiful, and then think of how much more He even cares for us! We're even more beautiful than this flower, every detail about us- just such incredible beauty. All around us. I'm awestruck!
It made me think of the verses in the Bible in Matthew 6:28-34,
28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Great reminder for me- why do I need to worry about ANYTHING? I don't! It's all taken care of. My job is to love God, and love others. That's it! And truly, that can take up all my time because it's so hard for me to do! Well, I should get going and finish a few more things before the kids wake up.
OH, wait! By the way, a few things I wanted to jot down here that have been happening.
-I think I posted a while back about Jett getting a tooth, well I'm not sure about that one- it hasn't really even popped through yet- and I'm not sure if I should've counted that one... but he got his two bottom front teeth this week! So now when he's biting on our fingers, it stings a bit! :)
-And today when Teda was at preschool, Dane and I were in the family room while Jett was taking a nap. And I was clipping coupons (my latest "thing" I'm trying to get better at- saving money!)... and Dane pointed to his heart and said, "Jesus my heart." (That absolutely melted my heart!) And I said, "Jesus is in your heart? He's in my heart too!" And I just had to give him a big hug, which he was happy to do because he's my little lover boy. It was just the sweetest moment. I've never heard him talk like that, and it wasn't something I tried to get him to say. He said it all on his own. That's how I know without a doubt that Jesus is the real deal. He is the way, the truth and the life for sure! Becuase my kids seem to just know it. In their hearts, they know it's the truth. And Jesus even says that in His Word. He said that He's revealed His wisdom to little children (Matthew 11:25: 25At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children.) I have so much to learn from my kids.


No comments:
Post a Comment