Also, one other exciting thing... also a little nerve racking... last night I signed up for a marathon. I know! It's May 31st, and it's in San Diego. My dad and Zach had already signed up, and I've been wrestling with the idea for a bit now. I figured that if I don't do it now, while I'm wanting to, when will I? And I've wanted to complete a marathon for some time now, I just haven't really said it out loud much, because then I really would need to follow through on it. And I'm not great at following through with things. I'm a good starter, just not a good finisher. So this will be a huge accomplishment, great discipline for me, and also a great way to stay active and energized for the job of being mommy to three little ones. So I am excited. I know it will be really hard to stay on track with the training, and to stay disciplined to do it, but I'm up for it. And that Zach and my dad are doing it too is SUPER helpful for us to keep each other motivated. So it's a great reason for a vacation, and in San Diego no less. The scenery should be awesome too. I'll keep you posted on how my training is going- I start tomorrow. I'm doing a run/walk type of training. That didn't sound too intimidating. I'm taking it day by day, and trying not to think- how could I possibly go for 26.2 miles without passing out? It's so mental, and I'm ready for it!
Oh, and by the way, you're all welcome to come to San Diego in May! And, more than that, anyone want to participate in the marathon? Please do, that would be so fun!!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment