Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sparkles Everywhere!

On our way home from church this morning, Teda said to us, "What if we had a sparkle machine..." We right away knew she was being totally serious. We asked her what the sparkle machine would do, and she said it would put sparkles on her pants and shirts and all over! She finished by saying, "We should go to the store and buy one." She just wants to have sparkles everywhere! She's so like my sister Sarah! Totally into pink, sparkles, clothes, purses.... just very girly! Yet, she is also tough and likes to roll around and wrestle her brother and dad. She's such a great mixture of sugar and spice! :) I loved that she wanted a sparkle machine. The word sparkle is my absolute favorite word I've ever come across. I just love the way it sounds when it's said, I love that it shines, it's bright, and it's beautiful. I've actually considered naming this blog something related to sparkles. Anyways, that's the funny story for today!

Then my dad came over before the kids' naps and played for a bit. And the kids were SO excited to see him- they always are. "PAPA!" Then Teda said with such excitement, "Come see the mess we made in our room!" (They'd been playing, and made a huge mess... but I'm so glad because it means they were really having fun) I just thought that was sweet because everything is done with excitement for a child. They truly sparkle in every sense of the word!!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

Cute story! Amelia used to have a book called Princess Sparkle. It was awesome. She gave it away so I don't know the author- sorry. But I think Teda would really like it Have a great week!