Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Flavor!!

This morning, the kids and I went over to my good friend Nicole's house for a play date. She has two girls (and one more on the way to come any time now!), and our kids play really well together. Plus, we live on the same street, so that's a bonus.... anyways, we took over some cinnamon rolls and kraut burgers that I'd made the other night, so Nicole and I could eat them for lunch today. Teda brought them in the house, and said to Nicole, "These taste great, and have a lot of flavor!" Isn't that funny? The things kids say. The fun part is that she really does love these kraut burgers. They're a family recipe I got from my grandma. And they're much like the burgers you can get at this amazing place in Colorado called Runza. It's ground beef, onion, and cabbage all diced up and simmered all day long. Then you get bread dough (I made whole wheat in my trusty Bosch bread mixer), and you place the beef mixture with some cheese in a square of the bread dough, and fold and pinch it up to make a little house for the mixture. And you bake them! It's so yummy. But pretty time consuming, so I only do it a few times a year. But it's a treat when I do! :)

1 comment:

Erin said...

Oh Runza- I seriously love Runza. My mom used to buy me frozen ones when I was in college, they were a staple in my freezer. Can I please please please have the recipe? Did I say how much I love Runza? Pretty please :)