
Lately I've been feeling so emotional about my kids' milestones. It feels like it's speeding up or something. And I can't stop it. Not that it is, it just feels that way. It seems like Jett is about to walk, which is just crazy to me. Dane is talking better than ever, and it feels like just yesterday he wasn't talking at all. And here's the kicker- Teda turns 4 tomorrow. 4 years old! We have been telling her for at least a year that she can't have gum until she's 4 (which felt like an eternity away), and now it's here. She'll be chewing gum starting tomorrow. So wierd! I'm sure anyone reading this is thinking, what's so wierd about that? Well, I think the whole chewing gum thing represents that she's a "big girl" now. She understands now that she chews it, can't swallow it, throws it away when she's done. And I look at Dane and think, he'll never be able to do that! But truthfully, I felt the same about Teda. Time just keeps on moving forward, and there's nothing we can do to stop it. Time is a crazy concept for me to grasp, so I'm not going to try too hard. It will be so awesome when there is no time in Heaven. No place to be but right where we are. No hurry up, we're late, we have to leave soon, time for __________, etc. Wow, that will be such a relief and so amazing. Just to sit and worship and praise God, and enjoy life. I picture being able to see all the places on Earth that I didn't get to see before I got to Heaven. And it will be all cleaned up too, since God is making a new Earth. I don't know all that much about it all, but my imagination can only picture what it will be like.
Anyways, back to what I was originally writing about. Teda turning 4. It's here- and I'm sure that I'll look back on this when she's turning 16, driving a car (whoa), and think, she was just turning 4 yesterday!
She got to bring cupcakes to her preschool class today to celebrate (since she only is at school Tuesday and Thursday). It was so cute! She was SO excited. She carried them in by herself, wearing this pink and purple "Birthday Girl" button I got her, and she just looked so grown up. They made her a birthday crown out of pink construction paper, glitter and markers. The boys and I came at the end of class to watch them sing to her, and it was just adorable. She soaked it up when they sang to her, and the kids loved the cupcakes. She picked out tinkerbell ones, with bright pink and green frosting. Moments like those are just so interesting- I was soaking it all in too- taking all kinds of pictures, and truly enjoying the moment. And feeling so proud of our baby girl.
Dane couldn't hardly wait for "his party" with cupcakes at Teda's school. There was no use in even trying to explain that it's not his party, and really, to him everyday is a party. So he got to sit and have a cupcake too, which he just loved. After the kids sang to Teda, he looked at me and said, "Sing Happy Birthday to me." He totally doesn't get that it's not his birthday too! So I sang to him a little, and he had the biggest smile on his face and just savored it. He is the definition of living in the moment. I love this picture- he's just looking at Teda, his best friend, and enjoying his long awaited cupcake! And she is loving this day!

Then we got Taco Bell and came over to my grandma and grandpa's house (Great Great and Grandpa) and ate. We're actually still here, and the kids are finishing up their naps. I love being here- so relaxing and cozy. :) So it's been a great day! And tomorrow will be another great one- Zach is off, and we will celebrate Teda all day again on her actual birthday. Then Sunday is her party- with just mostly family (and she wants a rockstar guitar cake- yikes, I'm making my first cake!), and so more celebrating is in our future! Life really is good.



No comments:
Post a Comment