So I think I'm experiencing what some may call a bump in the road of life... it doesn't feel like a tiny bump though. It feels like one of those huge ones that you don't really see coming because there wasn't a sign or anything, and you were too busy speeding down the road to even notice it was coming.
That actually happened to my mom once. She was heading out of a local community center, and wasn't going too fast, but didn't see this HUGE fat speed bump, and SCRAPE... $600 later, she learned her lesson. So now when we take Teda to her dance class at that community center, she will say "Watch out for the $600 speed bump!" jokingly. She can look back and laugh now, but it was very painful at the time. Annoying too, I'm sure!
Anyways, yes. I am not completely out of commission, but I feel very quite near there. This last month in a half has been quite difficult for me. December, getting ready to move- packing up all our stuff, getting ready for Christmas... January- thinking we would move any day, waiting, wondering, getting cabin fever in our rental house (the kids and I- we were just stir crazy!), Zach taking time off work to paint the new house- which meant I took care of the kids while he was there- I'm so ready to be alone and just want to run away to the Carribbean or something!, moving in on the 19th- a rainy evening, getting semi-settled in (we still have many boxes in the garage that need to be unpacked...), then heading to California to visit Zach's grandma. Those trips are wonderful because I LOVE grandma Bonnie, she takes such great care of us. But they are tiring- kids not in their own beds, Jett sleeps with us in the guest room, kids in and out of our room all night, up and down because Teda was getting sick, etc. Family vacations are tiring... Then I've had sick kids- Jett first, then Dane, then Teda- and Teda is just now getting over it- after 7 days of fever, sore throat, awful cough, and sleepless nights. Jett has this wierd rash we can't figure out- finally took him to urgent care- it's a bad flare up of exzema. Good to know. All the while for the last 8 days I've been fighting a horrible sinus infection. I finally went to urgent care today, couldn't wait until tomorrow. couldn't have another night where I can't sleep. Got antibiotics. Good.
So yes, I've hit a speed bump. I'm sure I'll be back up and running again soon. But all this is why I haven't been keeping up on my blog, or really doing much of anything else. Pregnancy seems to be good- getting bigger.
All the while for most of this journey, I've been trying to get by on my own strength. Aka, not doing quiet times or relying on the Lord for my strength. Big mistake- huge. I justify it saying that I'm too tired to get up in the morning for it, and then at naptime , I need a nap too. But I have to squeeze time in with my Lord here sometime. This is just a valley I'm in, and I know I'll come out of it. This stage of life is incredibly tiring, demanding, not just physically, but emotionally and spiritually too. I will come out on the other end with good lessons learned from this chapter of life. And I'll let you know about it! Sorry this was a rather depressing post. At least I blogged though! :) I hope the next one can be much more cheery- I just had to be honest and share where I'm really at.

5 comments:
Lisa, I've been wanting to email you but I don't have your email. So I am happy to post a message here :-) Hang in there! You have A LOT on your plate right now. I feel like I am in the same boat as you. I can't wait to spend the morning with you on Tuesday so we can chat. You are awesome!
Thanks for being so honest Lisa, I feel the same way a lot of the times so reading what your wrote made me feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone (and I feel bad for saying that because I don't want you or anyone to feel that way). I like how you said you will come out with good lessons in the end. Thank you for the reminder.
Lisa,
I was getting alittle concerned about you. It was not like you to be away from your blog for so long. I prayed everything was well with you and your family. I am sorry to hear that you guys have been sick, but glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery.
It is good to have you back!
Love, Lynn
xoxo
praying for you. :)
uh. finally some posts from my friend!! i had to just read them all!! and i even made it in one :) and the whole time i am reading all your posts i keep thinking, "alright, someday we are so living life together again...even if it's when we are 65!". miss you. glad you are blogging again!!! that is a good sign!!! love you!!!
Post a Comment