Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day

Hello there blog- it's been a long time since I've posted or been motivated to post much. As you can read from the last few posts, I've been in a bit of a funk if you will.

But I think I'm on my way out of it, and that is very exciting to me. Here's the thing too- even when life is hard, it still goes on. The show must go on, you know? And there still have been many fun and cool things happening in the Shepherd household. I just haven't been blogging about them all. I have been taking some pictures though, knowing that the time would come when I'd be ready to. Now is the beginning of that time, I think. So I'll just start with a few things.

Happy Valentines Day, by the way! The kids got to have peanut butter toast with heart sprinkles on top, pink milk with sprinkles, and Jett had red scrambled eggs (I wanted to make them pink, but got a little carried away with the food coloring). So we're festive. :) The kids thought that was pretty cool. My dad came over to see the kids this morning, and brought them Candy Land as a Valentines Day gift. They played it for about 10 mintues, then the kids got bored and wanted to dance to music. So they're about to do that- it's soooo adorable listening to them with their papa. They ADORE him. Jett will not leave his side. All is right with the world when papa is around. It's pretty awesome.

Today my cousin Chas is getting married to a wonderful girl named Tara- yea! And my Aunt Judy and Uncle Alan are going to watch the kids for us while we go (thank you!!!). Then they're spending the night and will be with them all of tomorrow as well. We were going to go to this investing seminar, but we decided to hold off on adding anything new to our plate and just take the day to enjoy each other and maybe do a little shopping for fun things for our new house. I'm looking forward to time alone with my husband. :) We really need that. It's wierd how this stage of life with little kids takes so much out of you. Well, not wierd. But you know what I mean. Maybe. :)

So here's some pictures from recently. They're kinda random- these are from January.

This is Jett and my dad at Red Robin- it's one of our favorite places we like to go as a big family because it's okay if the kids are loud- no one can tell! Because it's a loud kind of place. And who can resist Red Robin? :)

The kids, Zach, and Joel (aka Jo Jo) with Red Robin
This is the best- lunch after church. The weather is beautiful, we grabbed burgers and dogs from the grill they have going, and just hung out. This is why I love Arizona, and endure the hot summers!
I had been looking for Jett's cup for some time, and opened up the dishwasher to do some dishes, and there it was. His cup and his ball. Perfect place for them! I thought it was funny.

I'll post more pics soon too!!! Enjoy your day.

No comments: