And last night at like 10pm, he's trying to help me and ask me things like, if we get you a file cabinet, what types of things do you need to make files for? He was looking for a file cabinet on craigslist. I was just like, I don't want to talk about this right now Zach, it's after 10! He just couldn't win. He's so sweet too, later that night, he came in after putting drawer liners in all our drawers (can you guess who the organized one in our relationship is? I thought it was me up until a few years ago- it's totally not. Maybe pre kids, it was me. Post kids, it's so not me) So anyways, he came in and apologized for getting upset. I was like, "even though I'm lazy?" He assured me I'm not lazy. :) Well, in some ways I'm not. Like all the kid stuff and the picking up of the house. But I just have no motivation when it comes to organizing things. I take one look at the big mess, and just go, oh that's too messed up for me to even try. I don't have it in me to even go there.
So I hop online to look at blogs to try and see before and after pics, to help motivate me. And I find all these organizing sites, and I'm even more overwhelmed than when I started because I realize just how unorganized my house and life are... anyways, after looking some more online, searching for that umph I would need to get started, I decided just to do it. So I did! I unpacked both boxes that were overflowing with stuff. And I mean just that for much of it- just stuff. Who needs all this stuff? So I got the boxes out of here, and organized all that I have in there. And now I just have to go get some organizing tools, like little drawers on wheels, and some files, and I'll be onto the next step in this journey of getting my office organized.
But let me just say, I feel so great just having the boxes unpacked! My desk is clear (but behind the door of my armoire is a file of LOTS of papers I need to file), but I feel good! It's the beginning of a new me- a girl who has an organized office. And for me, when the office is clean, clear of papers, clutter, and junk, my brain feels more free to breathe. You know? So yes, I think this is the start of something new and very nice. Poor Zach, it only took how many years? :) Oh well, there's other traits that are amazing and very likable that make him love me! That's the beauty of being married and having a husband that I know loves me unconditionally. Even when I put up a fight to do something simple like unpack these 2 boxes, he still loves me. We're two imperfect people who love each other, and know that we're always learning and growing. Hopefully, looking to God to be sustained, and then that makes it that much better! Life really is all good, even in the tough times. Never thought I'd even type that in the last few months! :)

1 comment:
Way to go! Maybe you should post a photo Miss Martha Stewart ;-)
Post a Comment