Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Drumroll Please....


Yesterday morning, we had our appointment to find out if we're having a boy or a girl. And, we're having a BOY!

When the ultrasound tech told us, and we saw (it was very obvious if you know what I mean!), Zach and I just looked at each other and laughed. Another boy- 3 boys, wow. We had the kids with us, and Teda just looked a little stunned for a second and quietly said, "I wanted it to be a girl..." And Dane replied, "I did too." (He really did- he's been saying he wanted it to be a sister for a while now). I just told Teda, that's okay because it will still be just me and you- we're the girls! And we have grandma, Ju Ju, and Ra Ra too (my mom and sisters).

And Dane was so cute looking at the big tv screen with the baby on it. The ultrasound tech said, look here's his feet! Dane said, "Aww!" (paused) "I can't see them." Reminded me of that friends episode where Rachel can't see her baby, but pretends she can. Too funny.

So yes friends and family, one more boy for the Shepherds. There will and already is no shortage of testosterone here. :) And to be honest, I'm totally excited to have another boy. I kinda thought it was a boy, but I figured that was because my last two were boys. It's going to be awesome. One of Zach's friends texted him and said, "I hope Teda's not planning on dating... ever." So true- she has many protectors! And by the way, I've checked with her since yesterday morning, and she said she' not upset that it's a boy. It's all good- the little guy is healthy, and we're thankful that God is blessing us with another baby! Enjoy your day!

Ps- baby is the size of a large heirloom tomato, whatever that is! It was in my 19 week email. Ultrasound said he's 10 oz now, and email said at 19 weeks, baby is 6 in long. Pretty cool!

1 comment:

Rachael Schepemaker said...

Wow! Congrats! I really thought it was a girl too and was so excited for you to use the name Seven! You have cool boy names too so that will be fun. So glad HE is healthy!