Thursday, March 11, 2010

How Do They Put The Car In The Trash?

I wish I were better at writing down the things the kids say throughout the day, because some of them are just priceless!

Here is one that I do remember. Our friends recently got into a car accident, and we were talking about it with the kids and explaining what happened (they're okay by the way!) Teda asked if they needed to get a new car, and we said they probably will because their old one is all smashed up. And after a long pause, Dane asked "How do they get the car in the trash?" What a great question- the only trash he thinks of I would imagine is the one underneath our kitchen sink! And cars are big! So Zach was trying to explain how there are special places you can take a broken car and have it smashed really small, then throw it away in a big trash.

He was kinda getting it, but not really. So Zach found these two you tube videos- one showing a car get compacted down, and the other showed a car getting shredded! It was really neat to show them, and have Dane get to see the answer to his question. If you want, you can see the links here and here.

No comments: