Saturday, March 20, 2010

An Un-Bull-ievable Adventure For Dane!

A few months ago, we had a free preview of some sports channel, and I noticed that there was a bull riding championship on. I decided to tape it, because Dane was pretty into (and still is) dressing up like a cowboy and wearing his boots. I showed it to the kids, and Dane and Jett were hooked. It was awesome- Dane wanted me to tell him the name of each bull and it's rider, every time. He was SO into it. He wanted to watch it often- he and Jett would sit next to each other on the couch and just be so content. It was too cute. He started asking if he could ride bulls, and even saying that when he grows up he wants to be a bull rider (I know, yikes huh). So I decided that if they were ever in town, I would look into getting tickets for he and Zach to go.

Well, the Pro Bull Riding Tour was in town last Saturday and Sunday, and I got tickets for Dane, Zach, my dad, and by two brother in laws- Trevor and Joel to go. They went after church on Sunday last week, and Dane had a total blast. Zach wanted to keep it a surprise, and make it a true adventure. So I packed his cowboy outfit, his boots, and his baseball hat in a backpack, and put it in the back of our van. And I let him know that after church, he would be going somewhere fun with daddy, papa, TT, and Jo Jo. He was super excited. They kept it a surprise the whole way there- talking about what kind of adventure could this be? I wonder if there will be cowboys there? And Dane grabbed onto that one fast, "Could we go there?" They just kept it going, if there's cowboys there, maybe there will be bulls there... etc. Then they got into the parking lot, and Zach showed him the backpack, and said maybe he should put his cowboy outfit on. Dane was loving it. I can just picture Zach, my dad, and Trevor and Joel all just going with this idea that he's on a real adventure, and all playing off each other. It makes me smile to think about. He's got such great aunts and uncles, it's so awesome. And grandmas and grandpas too! :)

So they got there, and watched the bulls and the cowboys, explored the arena, and had cotton candy. He had such an awesome time, and I'm so glad he got to do that!

I wanted him to get to do something special since it seems like the whole month of February has basically been about Teda- the daddy daughter dance, her birthday party, her birthday time with Poppy, then the next week bringing birthday goodies for her class at school. Not that Dane really even noticed, but it felt pretty out of balance for a bit there to me. :) Anyways, next time Teda says she wants to see the bulls. So maybe we'll go as a family next year. But for now, Dane still talks about his adventure, and asking daddy when he can go on another one. It's neat to keep life adventurous. Especially for our little boys, and their daddy too. Men need adventures to be a part of, and I'm excited to get to participate in making those happen. It's fun!

Here's a video of Dane all ready to go

Dressed and Ready for his adventure...

On Papa's shoulders

Dane with Daddy, TT, and JoJo

This one I love because look at the way my dad is looking at Dane- just soaking in the moment, and so filled with happiness and joy- can't believe we're this blessed. I didn't ask him about that one, but I'll bet that I'm right! :)

I love this one because it's the silouhettes of two of my favorite boys enjoying an adventure together!

No comments: