
A good friend of mine sent an email to me with a video from you tube, and then I saw it on another friend's blog. I figured I need to watch this, and I just did. Wow- what an eye opener. Or maybe more of a reminder. Each day is truly, truly a wonderfully perfect gift from our Creator God. And as I sit here crying, wanting so badly to just enjoy each day as I'm given it, and live IN the moment.
All the things that I have been viewing as annoying, frustrating, set backs, causes for me to be angry or upset, worried, anxious, and sometimes just outright feel done- all those things are not causes for me to feel those emotions. Dane got up about 6 or 7 times last night, and Teda twice, and by the last time I was so tired and "done" that I was really upset with them that they kept getting out of their beds. Why do I get that way? Why not turn situations around and see the good- there will come a time when they won't even think of coming into our rooms. More than that, there will come a time when they won't be in the same house as us. They will grow up, and move out, and move onto the next stage of life for them.
To be honest, at times I just want this stage of life to be over, and for us to be onto the next one where the kids are older and can take care of themselves more. Why? After being reminded of the preciousness of each day, and even the things that feel so mundane and sometimes painfully ordinary, those are the things I now am treasuring the most in my heart of hearts.
The bills can wait, the organizing of the home can wait, the cleaning, all the other "to do's" can wait. But these days with my husband and kids can't wait- and I'm excited for this new beginning I feel like I've been given to truly enjoy and savor each moment I'm given...
God,
Thank you SO much for allowing me to be a wife, a mother, a daughter, a friend. To be able to feel the touch of my husband's lips on mine, his strong and warm embrace after a long day, and just know that everything really is okay and how much I am blessed and love this man that you've given to me to care for and love me, to lead our family in Your ways. I love his sense of humor- he can make me laugh at the drop of a hat, and that is something I LOVE. He is the best daddy my kids could ever have imagined having- when he gets home, and just falls to the floor to wrestle, play with, and love on them. The squeals that I hear when he walks in the door- "Daddy!" He is the most amazing man I know, and words just can't describe how I feel about him. Thank you, Father.
And thank You Lord for my babies. I take them for granted so much, especially lately. And I'm sorry. Thank You that I can hear the sound of their tiny little voices throughout the house, the million questions they have for me all day long, the random hugs and kisses I get just because, the sound of my name on their lips. Thank You that I'm able to feel the touch of their lips on mine, them reaching up for me to hold them as I grab their hands and pull them up to hold them, their tiny arms reaching around my neck to hug me and hold on tight. Their little hands in mine, what a gift to be treasured always. I wish I could package all these feelings and memories up in a box, and keep them forever- God, I pray I never forget all this. The cereal in the mornings for breakfast, the toast, the pancakes- the dishes even. The snuggling to watch a show or a movie, them dancing to music. The songs they make up, their contagious laughter. The Bible stories before bed, the prayers together. The kisses and hugs before bed, more kisses and hugs after they're in bed, and so on. :) The dr's appointments, the snotty noses to wipe, the medicine to remember to give. The way they look when they're sleeping- so incredibly precious. The excitement I see when they get treats, go somewhere special, and the good morning greetings we get in our bed. I love it all, and am eternally grateful.
God, You truly know how to give good gifts to your children, and my husband and kids are some of my favorite gifts You've ever given me.
I love You,
Lisa

1 comment:
This video has stuck with me all week...I just can't stop replaying it in my head. Then today I was at Hobby Lobby and Kaylin was entertaining herself (saying something...I can't remember b/c I was scouring the 80% off aisle!) and a gal asked how old she is? I said, "Three" and she said, "Mine are all grown up now. I sure miss that age!" I just hope I can keep things in perspective more than this week b/c this phase will be over in a BLINK!!!
Post a Comment