This morning my Jett played the part of the peacemaker, and it was precious. The boys were wanting to be in Teda's room, and she wasn't having it. She was screaming for them to get out, and they weren't budging. I came in to usher them out, and I couldn't talk over Teda's yelling at them to get out. I raised my voice for her to stop long enough to hear me, and Jett got in between both of us. He stretched both his arms out to us, and said, "Everybody, NO MORNING!" He was trying to say no more.... and at that instant I was reminded of the preciousness of life. That there's nothing too big that can't be looked at in a positive way. And that God uses even my 2 year old to bring me back to Him, to calm my soul, to make me smile.
And how many times have I been too "loud" with my ranting and raving about all the ways life is hard for me to even hear God's voice? He wants to help, to show me a way out. That's what I wanted to do for Teda, but she was too busy trying to do it her way and was also upset about it.
His voice isn't loud- it's quiet, and when I'm still and I have ears to hear it, He speaks to me. And all is well. Like that hymn It Is Well With My Soul. Today, may I be still, and quiet so that I can hear my Father's voice speak to me.
1 comment:
that is so precious... "no morning!"
love this post. so true...
Post a Comment