I can't believe it, but I looked back here and see that I haven't even posted that Teda started 1st grade, or that Dane started Kindergarten! I'm SO behind! Yikes! It's to the point that I'm so overwhelmed because I've missed so much... much of why I stopped scrapbooking. But I will not stop blogging because I feel like it's the best way to get out all my feelings on things, and to be able to keep them forever for my kids and their kids to look at. It's easier to me than scrapbooking, so we'll just go with it.
Well, let's start with Teda girl. She started 1st grade, and she's loving it. She's an amazing reader, and it reading at a 2nd grade level, is doing fantastic with her writing, she's quite the little speller (she has a great memory!), she loves her friends, and she adores her teacher. She is a really good speller too, and she's excited for the school spelling bee that is coming up. She's just a little sponge, and is coming home all the time sharing new things she's learned at school. Her classroom is one building away from Zach's classroom, so it's pretty awesome and special that she knows her daddy is just a few doors away from her all day long. Even things like, when she needs her inhaler, she gets to go to Zach's room for it. I'm thankful for that, so I don't worry much about her during the day since he's right there. :)
She has her share of drama with friends (already in 1st grade?!), and we have had and will continue to have plenty of opportunities to help her to learn about life and friendships and how to handle it all. She's amazing, and we're just so thankful for such a sweet girl. She's been going with Zach to swim practice (he's coaching the year around team in Vistancia that started in October), and she loves getting to do special one on one things like that with us. She loves girl time with grandma, girlie movies like Barbie and the Mermaid Tale, painting her nails, and always brings her purse everywhere she goes. She's prepared just like her mama. :) She really enjoys singing and dancing too, and is quite good at it!
It's amazing how fast she seems to be growing up. Her mannerisms, the way she talks (using the word "like" a lot), and she totally gets her daddys sense of humor. He can mess with her, and she messes right back. He loves that, and they have a special bond.
Here's a picture of Teda on the first day of kindergarten last year, and next is her first day of 1st grade this year (this was in August). That way you can see how much she's grown!
 |
| First day of kindergarten! |
 |
| Teda and her brothers on first day of kindergarten :) |
 |
| Kindergarten... here Teda comes! |
 |
Now for first grade... Teda's ready!
|
 |
| Hard at work |
 |
| Teda with her brothers before school :) |
 |
| At her desk |
 |
| With her good friend Amanda from kindergarten |
 |
| In line.. she's the line leader on the first day- fun! |
No comments:
Post a Comment