Friday, November 11, 2011

The Shepherds Have Bieber Fever

I have a confession to make. My kids LOVE Justin Bieber. Dane especially. He has asked me countless times if he can change his name to Justin Bieber, and then Teda convinced him it would be better to only change his middle name. So then his new name would be Dane Justin Bieber Shepherd. Nice huh. Oh, and then he decided he would grow his hair out like him. He did, and it got pretty long, but then last week he decided it would be okay to get it cut. They even have toothbrushes (from my mom and dad) that Justin Bieber sings while you brush so you know how long to brush. Funny huh!

You know, if we're being honest here, Zach and I like his music too! Of course we know all the songs, since we listen to them with the kids. So you'll definitely catch us singing them too.

Teda dreams of being the "one less lonely girl" on one of his songs. She's totally getting to be the age where she is wondering who she will marry, and what that will be like. It's hard to believe that before I know it, that will be true. I hear so often, "time flies... enjoy them now while they're little... you'll blink and they'll be grown..." So I'm doing my best to enjoy each day, and not let the little things that in the moment seem so frustrating and annoying, get to me. To just love them. Most of the time, it's not hard- they're pretty lovable! :)

Anyways, the kids know all his songs, or at least they think they know all the words. They sing what they hear, and if I tell them the actual words, they'll argue till the cows come home. It's pretty cute actually.

Here are a few fun videos that I've taken in the last few months, and they all have to do with Justin Bieber. I have more, but have to get them uploaded to you tube, so stay tuned! :)

Here's Jetty singing "Baby Baby"... sorry about the lighting, it was just before bed and I had to capture the preciousness of them singing all these songs!


Here's our Shepherd dance party to Justin Bieber... this one cracks me up!


Here's another one from the dance party..



No comments: