Tuesday, November 15, 2011

True Love


I love this picture... this happened a few weeks ago as the boys were playing outside at my mom and dad's house. They had climbed onto a wooden saw horse that my dad uses to do pull ups on (how is it that kids always seem to find the one thing that could hurt them when playing?!), and as Jett climbed off, his hand slid down it... literally covering his hand in splinters. Yeah, I know. Owwwwwwww.

All I have to say is that I'm SO glad it happened to him of all our kids because he's by far our toughest when it comes to getting hurt. It took him a few minutes to realize that his hand hurt, and when he came in and showed us, I didn't even know where to start!

Zach and I were about to leave for our Monday night marriage Bible Study (Christ Quest Institute), so my parents got right to work. I guess they worked on getting splinters out for over 30 minutes, until Jett couldn't handle it anymore. He was good to go for a while with his Chick-Fil-A chicken nuggets, a movie, and afterwards a popcicle. He was SO incredibly brave.

They weren't able to even get all the splinters out, there were SO many! So for the next 2 weeks, he had them in there. He never complained once about it. What a brave little boy!

This picture just shows what a great grandma and papa these kiddos have.

No comments: