The other day, I came out of my room to this. It was precious. He was singing a song all about pinatas (because Jett is REALLY into pinatas and birthday parties right now... mostly his own, and he talks about his birthday parties and what they will be like pretty much every day). I ran for my phone to take a quick video, and here's what I captured.
After he decided to write a song, here's what he wrote. It's his first song, and it's really special to me. He obviously has something musical in him to think this way. He has never been taught that people "write" songs. He literally ran for a piece of paper, a pen, and brought his guitar over to the couch.
He sat on the couch with his guitar on his lap, and the paper and pen next to him. He'd play a few things on the guitar, then grab the pen and quickly scribble a few things on his paper. And he repeated this process several times, until he had his finished song. I was absolutely amazed.
So look out everyone because this may be the very first account of Jett's song writing, but it may not be the last! :)
Here's his finished product... the front and back of the page... maybe we should title it "Pinatas and Birthdays"



No comments:
Post a Comment