| Teda, age 6 |
| Dane, age 5 |
| Jett, age 3 |
| Deklan, age 1 |
Wow, there is so much to be thankful for. I heard on the radio the other day a quote that said something like, as soon as I started counting my blessings, that's when my life turned around. I love that.
This morning, as I sit on the couch with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on, the kids playing all over- a few coloring, one running around pretending to shoot things with his toy gun, and one playing with the piano in the playroom, Zach out playing football at a nearby park with family, I'm just overcome by how much there is to be thankful for. And there always is.
~Giggling with Jett last night as I said goodnight to him, and he told me that Santa is NOT called Santa Nick.... and he laughed and laughed. I was cracking up, and didn't want it to end! Giggling with my babies is amazing.
~Listening to Dane and Teda color Thanksgiving pictures in the kitchen, and knowing they get to be brother and sister forever- I'm thankful that our kids have siblings they can be friends with. They always have someone to play with, well, let's be real- and fight with. But that's part of life! :)
~Snuggling cheek to cheek this morning with Teda, as she (and Dane and Jett) crawled into bed with us.
~Getting to wake up next to the most amazing man I know.... Zach is my best friend, my husband, and I pray that we get to have many, many more years together! He is committed to being like Christ to me, and understanding me and loving me- and it causes me to want to reciprocate all those things. We make a great team. It's such an incredibly fulfilling relationship, it's hard to even put words to it. It's the most difficult, and most amazing thing at the same time. I'm thankful for marriage!
~I'm even going to say that I'm thankful for the mess that my house is right now because it means there's life going on. We're living here, there's love in it all, and each time I step on a crumb... it's all good. It means one of my 4 precious kids dropped something on the floor!
~Laughing... I just love to laugh. Smiling too!~That moment after the day is done, kids are in bed, house is straightened (not cleaned because I usually don't have the energy for that, but just straight), and Zach and I drop to the couch to decompress, talk about our day a bit, and I look around and just know all 4 of our kids are safe in their beds, and we have some quiet and time to hang out before bed... I cherish that time
~Parents that live just 20 minutes away that I get to see often during the week
~In laws that live in both Colorado and Florida that I love and feel thankful that I get to be part of their family!
| The kids and Zach with their Grandpa Don |
![]() |
| The kids with their Grammy and Poppie who live in Colorado |
| Grandpa Don and Mimi who live in Florida |
| I took this picture about 3 miles from our house... Arizona has beautiful skies |
~The love that Jesus has for me, and knowing that there's nothing I can do or not do that can make Him love me anymore than He already does... and that He has grace for me. SO thankful for that.
~Time in the car when a beautiful worship song comes on the radio, and I can connect with God during a busy day and be reminded of what life is all about
~Grandparents that I can drive to their house anytime, and know I'm welcome. I love spending time with them!
~That Zach has a job- Thank you God for providing for our family
~Watching our kids' personalities develop... what amazing little people they're turning out to be
~Hot chai tea.... enough said
~Sisters. I LOVE that I have 2 sisters- they're beautiful inside and out, and I'm SO thankful for the relationship I have with each of them. And they're wonderful aunties too!
~A sister in law for me... Courtney, you're amazing. I love when we get to spend time togeher when we're in Colorado or you're here in AZ visiting. The kids love you, and they have a terrific aunt in you!
![]() |
| We love our Auntie Court Court! |
~Brother in laws for Zach... but more than that, my sisters husbands. I'm thankful for Joel and Trevor, amazing men that are loving my sisters and caring for them, providing for them, and I couldn't be happier with the men that have been chosen to be married to my beautiful sisters!~Deklan being born with a cleft palate. It's been a journey, a struggle at times, and there have been tears and confusion with it all.... but Deklan is a huge blessing and SO sweet, so strong, and we've all grown from the learning that has taken place with all this. And we will continue to do that!
| Us with Dekky the day after his surgery, just before we left the hospital. What a champ! |
~Time off work and school.... it's these times of relaxing (even though there is a million things on our to do list we could be working on) is just what we need to get re-energized and reconnected with each other
~My dad's sense of humor. He makes me laugh.
~Disneyland... just the idea of Disneyland makes me happy!
~My close friends. Especially getting to spend time with them. I love my girlfriends!
| This is not all my close friends, but it's several of them. It's rare that we could be in one place at one time, so we had to snap a picture! |
~Memories
~Holidays
~My beautiful family.
Teda said this morning that she's thankful for God, Jesus, and all the holidays.
Dane is thankful for anything he cares about, and the whole world, and his mom and dad, and this whole family.
When I asked Jett, he said "I'm fankful for you, mom." Heart warming.
I could go on and on, but I think I should stop so I can enjoy my family as we continue to watch the parade and get ready to go have some fun celebrating Thanksgiving at my Uncle randy and Aunt Sues house... love to you all.










1 comment:
Okay..this was so good I could cry! Love watching your children grow up! Those boys are going to be great men and Teda is going to be a beautiful woman who some day chooses and great man in her life!
Love ya!
Post a Comment