Teda got an ADORABLE new haircut yesterday. It's a little bob cut that's stacked in the back. Kristi did such a great job! She has been talking about getting it cut, whenever I ask her if she wants a pony tail (which is next to never), she says she wants it cut so she can't have one. And yesterday I asked her if she was sure- no ponytails, no pig tails, it will be too short. She said she was sure. Then today she said she wants it long again! Woops, too late. I felt so bad when she said that, then she started crying! That's the wierdest feeling as a mom- nothing I can do. I just told her it looked beautiful and that it will grow back. To which she responded with, "I want it back now. I want it like yours." I think its just too cute, and I think she'll get used to it. It's just different than she's used to. :)



Did you know that garbage truck drivers drive on the right side of the truck? I mean, that makes sense when you really think about it since they have to work the controllers to get the garbage cans and see what they're doing. But until I looked at one next to me on the street today, it didn't really sink in. Wierd huh! I thought so.
We totally have a mysterious creature in our attic. Really! The first time we heard it, we were in the kitchen, and it sounded like it was scratching something. It took a few times before we realized it was coming from above us. Then it went away and we didn't hear it for a long time. Well about a week ago, we started hearing it again- in our bedroom! The other side of the house! It's obnoxious, and annoying because in the middle of the night we hear it scratching and what sounds like biting on something. Like perhaps the house? NOT GOOD. Today on my list to do is to call pest control to have them come and catch it. It gives me the willies just to think about that- I don't think I want to be home when that happens... Zach has some thoughts about it. He thinks it's either a rat, or .... a desert chinchilla. What? He said people would pay good money to get this thing to make a coat out of it. (He's so funny to me!) And the other night before he decided pest control should come, he said he was going to get up in the attic with his head lamp and catch it (he's always looking for uses for his headlamp). I don't know what it is, but each time I hear it, it just wierds me out to think there's something more than just us living in our house. I'll let you know how it goes when the pest control guy comes to get it.
Well that's all the randomness I have for now!

4 comments:
You have had more critters, insects and reptiles at your house than any family should. I'm sorry!
Christian is always looking for a reason to wear his headlamp too, what is the deal with that?
Calvin loves the dang headlamp too! I better have a girl next, I don't want to be surrounded by headlamp weirdos.
i just have to laugh about the headlamp...so jon! jackie is pretty funny...headlamp weirdos. we should start a club!
tell teda i love her hair and pony tails get really old after wearing them for 20 years :)
Hey Lisa!
I just wanted you to know what an enjoyable time I have reading your blogs! You seem like such a fun mom! I like how you are always honest, but you seem so passionate about motherhood and your family. It makes me excited for when I become a mom someday:)Keep 'em coming!
Post a Comment