Sunday, August 17, 2008

Super Hero Daddy


Da na na na na na na na, Da na na na na na na na... BATMAN! This weekend, Zach got to dress up as Batman to go along with the super heroes theme that will be for the next few weeks at church. In fact, Batman was there, and so was Flash, Mr. Incredible, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, and Superman! (the other pastors on staff were dressed up too) It was so much fun to watch the kids as we walked up to Zach at church, and I watched the excitement on their faces. They knew it was their daddy, but they also had this sort of awe because he was also a super hero. They just stood there and watched his every move. Teda looked up at me and almost in a lowered voice said, "Can he fly?" I said, "I don't know!" Then she told him to run FAST. And so he took a quick jog to the stage and back. It was too fun.
Then this morning I asked if they wanted to see Daddy as Batman again, and of course they said yes. They even got their capes on and wore them to church to be like daddy. Teda has an adorable purple cape that our good friend Jackie (hi Jackie, I miss you! (she and her husband Christian and their little boy Calvin moved to Seattle a few months ago)) made for her birthday; and Dane has a little black one I found at a second hand store a while back. He hasn't wanted to wear it until now. They even wore them into their classes at church. It was so awesome. And Teda was telling people in a very excited voice, "We're just like our daddy!" It was awesome to watch them confidently march around as if they were super heroes- I think they felt like they were!

Then on the way to lunch, my mom and dad were walking with them (my parents are the best- they got the kids from the nursery for me and we met up for lunch.. they are SO helpful and I love that they are so willing and love to spend time with our kids like that)... anyways, Teda was saying to my mom, "Let's fly!" So they flew to touch the trees, and then she said to my mom, "Let's touch God!" And my mom said, "Okay! Oh, we just did because He's right here with us!" And Teda said, "He lives in my heart." Precious and heart melting.

It's cool because I know this has made God smile today. Watching Teda and Dane want to be just like their super hero daddy. And I know they look at their daddy and that determines how they view God, who without a doubt is the greatest Super Hero Daddy there ever was!


Look! It's Bat Man, Bat Girl, and Bat Boy!!!
Super Heros have to take a water break too, ya know!
Without a care in the world, there's our little Bat Boy, Dane :)

1 comment:

Jackie said...

Hi Lisa!
I am so thrilled that Teda still uses her cape. I am even more thrilled that it hasn't fallen apart yet! I still want to make Dane a little green cape. Wal-mart was always my cape making fabric supplier and I never see Wal-marts around here...it is so weird. Wal-mart is not my favorite place, but it sure is handy for cape making supplies. You sure let God teach you great lessons all the time! Thanks for sharing them with us! We miss you!