Friday, August 15, 2008

Just Not Right

I woke up this morning feeling very sad, grieved, and disturbed from a dream I had last night. It had to do with abortion, and partial abortion. It's just hard for me to fathom that it goes on. It seems like sort of a silent topic, something that is not talked about very often. And for some reason, I had a dream about it. And I got to thinking about it, and I just feel so sad that it happens. I know that it grieves God too, and that He is happy to see those precious innocent little ones in Heaven- but very sad that decisions are made to end their lives.

Thinking about abortion lead me to start thinking about the Presedential Election. I recently heard that Barak Obama voted against banning partial birth abortions. (I found more info about this here) And knowing that is enough for me not to vote for him. I don't think I want someone in office that would not vote to have that banned. It just disturbs me. I don't know much about political things, and I wish I did. I think I make uninformed choices sometimes becacuse I'm too lazy to be informed. Or it seems like too much work. Being in the know about all the political things going on seems tiring just to think about, but I feel like I should know because we're talking about who will be leading our country.

Well those thoughts lead me to start thinking about our kids, and how I want to teach them truth. And I am only 100% sure about one truth, and that is the Bible and Jesus Christ being my Savior. And I want to be so knowledgable about the Bible, that we can stack anything next to it and be able to tell if there is truth in what is next to it. I started thinking about when our kids go to school and they are taught things by teachers and books- and I don't know what they stand for. I can't always be right there with them in their ear to tell them what to believe and what not to. But I can always direct them to the one true book, and that is where we can find the answers to life. So my prayer is that God would prepare me and my heart to be able to give an answer to my kids when they have questions about life. I know He will guide me through this process, I just have to be willing, to be teachable, and to continue to look to Him. It's actually exciting to know that there are answers, and I know where I can find them. I have to seek them out.

No comments: