I love my family. One of the traditions that we have had since I can remember is doing something called drops to each other. We get some sort of treat or something fun, leave it at their doorstep, ring the doorbell and RUN! The idea is not to get caught- so you can either hide, and enjoy watching them come and search for you- that makes it more exciting, OR you can just take off and book it to your car, where the getaway driver is waiting to speed off into the night... So, here's what it's like in our house when someone drops to us- Zach and I will be in the family room hanging out probably watching a movie or something, and the doorbell rings, and that really usually only means one thing, and we both say "Drop!", and we just take off out of our front door and go searching for the person who did it. (that's what this person did last night when they dropped us.... hmmmm, who did it? I think I have an idea, but I can't be certain...) The fun part is that our neighbor across the street happened to be out last night when this person did a drop on us, and he was quite intrigued watching them run from our house and into a car and speed off. I took off and ran outside, happy to see that he was out. I asked him really fast, "Did you see who ran by? Which way did they go?" And he was like, "They got into their car and they're gone!" I explained to him what had just happened, and he thought it was funny. It's great that we can do this kind of thing with each other- it keeps things fun and exciting! And I think one of the coolest things it does is keeps a connection between us all. It's awesome! So the drop last night was one of the funniest ones yet- it was a can of pureed pumpkin with tape on the top that said, "Recession Drop" Isn't that funny? We've gotten two others this Christmas Season so far- Jack In The Box tacos- and by the way we caught the droppers on that one :), and also some mini snickers candy bars on top of a home plate (literally), with a little pillow that said home run... and we also caught those droppers. We're into it! So, if anyone is reading this, and they plan to drop us, beware because we can get out of our front door quickly!!! :) Bring it!
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment