



Each year during Christmas time, a church nearby creates this huge lights display. Its over a million lights, and if they stretched the lights out in one line, it would reach all the way to Dallas, TX. Its a ton of lights... anyways, today it was free admission (normally it's $12 per car to go through). So we decided to go tonight after dinner. It was so fun- we all got into our jammies, Zach made hot chocolate with marshmallows for everyone, and we headed over to see the lights. There was quite a line to get in, since it was free. But it was well worth it, it was a fun drive. It was the kind of lights display that you drive through and look at, and the kids just loved it. We let them come up front with us, and look out the windows that were rolled down. Dane was so excited at each new display- "whoa, wookit!" he would say. Teda was more interested in seeing if we would let her out of the car, and she kept saying that she would follow us- I think she wanted to see if she could keep up because we were going pretty slow. And we turned on our radio to 101.9 FM, and there was Christmas music playing, and in between songs, the pastor of the church came on and talked a bit about the Christmas story. It was just too cool, and I feel like we created a wodnerful memory tonight. I hope we get to continue this and do it each year. It really got me into the mood for Christmas. I just love this season!!!!



2 comments:
Thanks for the heads up on the lights last night! We had such a great time! Can't wait for you to get your pictures up and working I miss seeing you cuties faces on here. Have a great night!
NO WAY!! I man, I'm bummed we missed the free night. My kids get all excited when we drive down the 101 at night and the $12 just isn't in the budget right now. I'll have to call and see if they have another free night this season...maybe just before they take them down?
Post a Comment