Saturday, December 20, 2008
You Booful
This morning I had to go to Target to return a car seat that we got (Jett is moving up and out of his baby seat), and exchange it for a different one that fits better in our van. So I just threw on a pair of jeans, had no make up on, my hair pulled back, and ran out the door. I was feeling pretty slobby and yucky because I didn't really get ready at all, and you know that just feels gross. And when I got back home I made the kids lunch. Dane was eating his lunch at their little table, and he got up and came over to me. He said, "You home, mommy." And he gave me a hug. Then he took a few steps back and looked into my eyes, and said, "You booful (beautiful)." I was so pleasantly suprised, and totally encouraged and blessed by what he said! I went to him and said, "Did you say mommy is beautiful bubby? Thank you, that makes my heart so happy!" He said, "You wecome." I know I say this over and over, but he's just the sweetest little thing! And it was a real check for me because I was letting my outward appearance determine how I felt inside. And Dane wasn't looking at my outward appearance- he was looking inside of me. And that's just how my Heavenly Father looks at me- how quick I am to forget that. I think God used Dane today to remind me what true beauty looks like, and it's not good fashion, make up, and fixed hair. Thank you Daney, for reminding me that my beauty comes from inside! :)
Labels:
Dane,
Life Lessons
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment