Wow, these last 9 weeks have been both the longest and the fastest weeks I've experienced in a long time. Weird how that works. Deklan is doing awesome- he's just so sweet, and still so tiny! He is growing though- last week he was 8 lbs. Zach said last night, he's looking like a full grown 2 week old now! :) It is strange to think that many babies are born 8lb at birth, and here he is 9 weeks old. When I pick him up, I still say, "Oh my goodness" almost every time because he's just so light and precious! I want to remember how that feels always. But I know I'll look at him very soon, and ask how in the world did you ever weigh 6lbs? (Just like many people I run into that are so surprised that he wasn't just born yesterday- when I answer their question of how old he is, they respond with "Really? He's so tiny! How much did he weigh when he was born?"...) He's just a little slow grower, but we know he will be long and thin just like Daddy and Dane. His arms and feet are so long! He started smiling and cooing now- so that's been fun to try and get his attention. If he locks eyes with you, and smiles, it makes you feel like a million bucks! He's still waking up about every three hours to eat- in the night too, which is a bit of a bummer only because I'd love to sleep more. But I know that will come very soon. Not only that, but I have an incredible husband who takes a feeding in the night so I can sleep longer stretches.
He's starting to "play" now too. If we put him on that little play mat that has toys hanging from it, he will bat at them and coo at them. And there's a little mirror at the top, and he likes to look at himself. He's pretty much still oblivious to the crazy madhouse around him when the kids are all around. He's a pretty chill baby- everything you would think the 4th would be.
When my mom took these pics yesterday, we were cracking up. Jett would come over where she was, and just get right in his face and hug him and say "Hiii-ii ba-ee Dekwin!" in this cute voice. He was trying to be gentle with him, but come on- it's Jett. So I was like a goalie trying to keep Jett from Dek while so my mom could get a few pictures of him. Then Jett would come behind me and jump on me over and over, and over. Then he'd go over to my mom and jump on her. Then back to Deklin. When I'd say no no buddy, he'd say, "I'm jus doin dis..." He put his foot on his belly and said, "I'n standin on him" then after I got his foot off of him, he said "Konk konk" and started to squeeze his nose (like on Karate Kid when Mr Miyagi does that to the bad karate teacher)... Jett is for sure our wild one. But he's too cute for words too. My mom and I had to just laugh. I'm laughing too because the pictures turned out so great, and I wish we could've had a tape recorder at all the noise and distractions happening while she took these. That takes some focus and talent! :)
He's smiling now! You know how I got him to do this? I blew in his face, and like 10 times in a row it made him smile so big! It was cracking us up...

This is the "konk konk" one, and see he has his foot on him.... what a good sport little Dekky is.




No comments:
Post a Comment