On our way to school, we were talking about things we were thankful for. (that's thanks to my good friend Nicole who said she started praying with her girls on the way to school- it helps everyone to start their day off right.... so I took her idea and tried it too!) It was going great- the kids were saying all sorts of things they were thankful for. I said I was thankful for the cool mountains that we see each day as we drive to school (the scenery is just beautiful out by our house...) Jett said he saw the cool mountains too. I said yeah, God did that! And he said, "God did that? Is He goin get a spankin now?" I think he must hear, "Jett, what did you DO?!" a little too often, and if it's something he really wasn't supposed to do, he gets spanked. So naturally, he hears me say God did something, and of course, when you do something you get a spankin! I laughed and said no He wasn't going to get a spanking. He said, "He isn't? Oh." He was probably a bit confused.
Then the kids were raising their hands in the van when they had a question- Teda is quite the little rule follower huh... don't worry, this is very rare that they do this. Usually it's just chaos with everyone trying to talk to me at once in the van.... quite nice really. (I haven't perfected the "let's all be quiet and let mommy relax and listen to whatever she wants to on the radio, while you guys just sit and look out the window" Someday, maybe? I'm sure not. But that would be too boring, and who likes boring? I do however, sometimes tell the kids, "Mommy is taking a talking break" when we're in the car. It's so much noise all put in a little space, and after a while, I just can't take it anymore!) Anyways, Teda and Dane were raising their hands with questions saying, "Raise your hand when you have a question..." Jett said "I have a kreshon... I got a kreshon for my birday." Krashon- too fun. He had no idea what they were saying, but it sounded good. And when it sounds like something he likes or wants, he got it for his birthday. :)
Ok, and this one may be my favorite right now. I was working so hard getting things ready for our camping trip we went on last weekend (I'll blog about that soon with pics!), and Dane was in the other room. He said, "Mom, you're so cute." It melted my heart! He's my little encourager- he loves to encourage others, be encouraged, love and be loved. At the time that he said that, I felt anything but cute. But then I felt better- it's amazing how words can affect someone positively or negatively depending on what is said. I can learn a lot from that little boy- praise speaks volumes!!
I have lots of pics and video to get on here- our computer was out of commission for a little bit due to a yucky virus it got. But our good friend helped us fix it, and I'm back in business again.

No comments:
Post a Comment