After kids: Rush into the bathroom so that whoever needed to go to the bathroom doesn't have an accident, find the big stall so you all fit, help them do their thing, maybe get to go to the bathroom yourself- but HURRY so that the kids don't touch anything disgusting (virtually impossible:)), guide them to the sinks, lift each one up the sinks and help them through each step of washing hands, show them to the paper towels (ok, that's enough towels...), then rush over to the sink yourself to wash your hands, glance up at the mirror and to your horror, you see pink frosting all over your neck from the morning Dunkin Donuts trip.... think, who did I see that saw me with frosting all over my neck, and why didn't they tell me?! Come back to reality and realize your 2 year old has already touched something gross, oh well, it'll build up his immune system. Get everyone back into the cart or stroller, then leave.
What a difference huh! :) Part of that totally just happened to my friend that I ran into the other day at Target. We were good friends in high school, and we saw each other in the toy aisle. We got to talking, and our kids were CRAZY into all the toys. I think she had 4 Toy Story dinosaurs put into her cart, there were toys on the floor, and the kids were just all over. The price we paid for 5 minutes of catching up. :) It was actually kinda funny to me- we were just raising our voices the louder the kids got. All we wanted was to talk a little- I'm sure the customers without kids, or the ones who had kids a long time ago and forgot what it was like, were very annoyed with us...... but while we were talking, I noticed something on her neck that I decided could've been some kind of food from feeding her kids or from their sticky hands as they hugged her, OR it could've been some kind of skin thing she had going on. So I decided that I wouldn't say anything- what if it was something she couldn't help and I embarrased her? I figured she'd see it soon and left it at that.
Well we ran into each other after we'd checked out, and she was headed out of the bathroom. She was half way laughing and holding her neck- she said "LISA, why didn't you tell me I had strawberry frosting all over my neck the whole time we were talking!?" I told her why I didn't say anything. She said definitely it was frosting from Dunkin Donuts. Ah, the life of a mommy. You gotta love it!

No comments:
Post a Comment