Sunday, May 3, 2009

He's One and He's Walking!

Yesterday was Jett's birthday, and he started really walking well today. So exciting! It seems like right at the 12 month mark for all three of my kids, they started walking. He still falls down after a bit, but I'd consider this to be him walking! We had a pretty laid back day- Zach had been at the lock in all night before (and had not slept for about 26 hours), and is sick, so we chilled out today. He got home at 8am, went to sleep at 8:30, and got up at 11:30 (poor guy only got 3 hours of sleep and had to work that afternoon and night too) because he couldn't sleep anymore. So then we opened up presents that had been sent to us by Grammy and Poppie, Grandpa Don and Mimi, Great Grandma Bonnie, Aunt Lucy, and Nana. Thanks guys! Of course, Jett mostly liked the wrapping of it all, and Teda and Dane opened up pretty much everything for them.

I'm a total slacker and didn't decorate the house the night before, only to have Teda wake up and say, "where's the decorations?" So during naptime, I ran to the store and picked a few things up and decorated with blown up balloons taped to the walls and a happy birthday sign on the wall. Not that Jett will remember any of this, but I need to keep it even. Well actually, I don't think it's possible to keep it even. For Teda's 1st birthday, I planned it all out, sent out real invitations for her party, got her a special party dress (from the encouragement of my sister Sarah- "Lisa, she has to have a party dress!"), made it this big deal- oh , and my mom and I got all the "turning 1" party decorations from the party store- including the I'm One! party sippy cup. Crazy! We were just excited. Well, here comes child number 3, and I just don't see the point of buying all that stuff. We are still having a little family get together at Peter Piper to celebrate, which I think means just as much. Maybe I'm just justifying why I'm not as "into" it. Really, I only did that with Teda's first birthday pary. Maybe I just needed to get that very first birthday party out of my system. We had Dane's here at our house, and I even felt a little guilty that it wasn't as "grand" as Teda's. I'm all for making things special, and we try to do that. But it's exhausting to go all out for each celebration. Maybe it's just exhausting to have three kids. It so is. And when there's only one, there's energy for doing more? I don't know...

Anyways, off my soap box. Jett had a great day. We met my parents at church, and had dinner there afterwards. Jett is just such a happy kid- he's such a joy to have around, and I can't imgagine life without him! Here's a few pics from yesterday, along with a few really cute ones of the kids and papa when we were at church. I'll be posting soon about our party at Peter Piper with pics from there too. :)








1 comment:

The African Groggs said...

Happy Birthday little Jett!!!!!!!!!