Yesterday I was planning on doing day 3 of my spring cleaning endeavor after nap time (to clean my family room- dust, vacuum, and everything else was pretty much done from there), but I couldn't. Teda woke up with a little stomach bug that I think she got from little Jett. He had it on Tuesday- he threw up and had diarhea, and I think is just today getting over it (but doesn't have much of an appetite still). Well Teda threw up I think about 12 times- not even exaggerating. Poor ltitle thing- from about 3pm until 10pm, she was throwing up. She knew when it was coming, so she'd sit up and ask for me to give her a hug (I'm sure becuase it was so uncomfortable)- that was our cue, and she'd throw up into a bowl and then lay back down to wait for the next one. She ended up sleeping on her mattress next to our bed, in case we needed to help her throw up some more. But the good news is the didn't! She asked me a few times in the middle of the night for more water- I didn't hear much from her except the sweet little sound of her sucking on her water cup. I'm sure she didn't have much in her body, and really needed to rehydrate. Today she's much better- still a little tired, but maybe that's just from her not having anything in her body to use for energy. And she's not really hungry either.
So, all that to say, I've had a little hiccup in my spring cleaning plans. Not that I'm terribly bummed- it's not my favorite thing to do anyways. I've mostly today just been sitting with the kids, playing with them, and doing a few things around the house- like the mountains of laundry I need to do. I feel so behind now- today is day 4, and it's kitchen part one. Going through cupboards, and refrigerator and spice cupboard- I really need to do this. Where do I find the time to do it all? I can't possibly! Well see if I get to it. I'm not going to stress about it though. I have a tendency to do that. The most important thing is that I am taking care of my kids though, so I have to put a priority on that since they're under the weather.
I will say that there are three things I'm very thankful for right now- bowls (that caught all Teda's throw up!), rubber pants (that caught all Jett's messy pants- thanks to Zach for that idea- that saved us having to change the sheets every time he napped!), and vinegar (for soaking things like rubber pants, and cleaning up all the germs in the sinks and tubs around here!).
That's all for now. I really want to get pics from Jett's birthday party up soon, so I'm working on that!
1 comment:
When Kaylin was throwing up last year (I didn't get enough notice to get it in a bowl and she didn't care where it went!) I got smart after the 3rd clean up of puke. I stripped her down to nothing but her diaper and put her on a huge beach towel on the couch. Sometimes she was on my lap with the towel in between us, but if I had to get up, the towel was under her. When she'd vomit, I'd scoop her and the towel all up together and put everything in the sink.
I felt like a genius and didn't have to change my clothes (or hers) ONE time the rest of the day!!!
Post a Comment