Friday, May 8, 2009
A Party with Peter Pan... or is it Wall-E?
We had Jett's birthday party last Sunday evening at Peter Piper Pizza. I was trying to think of something the kids would like, and Chick-fil-A was closed on Sundays, so there you go. I was thinking this would be rather lame for the adults that came- it was Julie and Joel, Sarah and Trevor, and my parents, and I actually think they all had fun. Peter Piper isn't really the kind of place I would choose to go just on a whim, but once you're there, it's kinda fun. It was cute to see everyone playing all the games, and getting tons of tickets. Jett had a great time, he was walking all over! He tore into his cake, but it took him a few minutes to get used to the idea that he would/could have it all over himself. Once he got warmed up to it, he was eating not only from his own plate, but daddy's too. One bite from his, and one from daddy's, etc. I'm so thankful for family. Seriously. I was all worked up on the way there- we were running late, and even had to pick up a cake on the way. I was mentally beating myself up for not baking a great cake, planning better, etc. But Zach helped me to see that he's one year old- he has no idea! And, whatever we do is great- it's just getting together as a family that matters. And it's true!
Dane was a crack up- my dad was taking him around to play games, and he said the game for Dane was just putting the tokens into the slots. He'd put one in and run to the next place where you could put a token. And my dad would try and show him that the game doesn't end when you put the token in, it's only the beginning! He totally didn't get it. For him, he won when he put a token in! What a crack up! I guess why would they think any other way? Teda loved it too, I think she understands the concept a little more, but she still was kinda the same way as Dane. The fun was just having tokens that she got to spend.
I remember as a kid, the fun part for me was going around looking for tokens left in the little return part underneath where you put it in the slot (for lack of a better way to say that), and also looking for stray tickets in the ticket slots. Oh , and when the tickets came out, trying to carefully and slowly pull them out and maybe get an extra ticket out of it. Oh those were the days!
Well, our little boy is officially 1. It's too cool! By the way, Dane is wearing that red snow hat in a few pictures because he wanted to be like Jett with his birthday hat. As he was upset that he didn't have a birthday hat, Teda suggested he wear his red snow hat (she's very logical in her thinking, and I think he's more emotional- they're a good balance for each other!). He thought that was a great idea, thus the red snow hat in a few pics. :)
Oh yeah, and the reason for the title- Dane thought Wall-E was going to be at the pizza place. He was saying he would be there on our way there, and Teda told him, no Dane, Peter Pan is going to be there. We're going to Peter Pan's Pizza. It's almost too much! Seriously, if I didn't write all this down, I'd be missing out on so many things I know I'll forget!
Labels:
Dane,
Family Time,
Jett,
Memories,
Teda
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment