Sunday, July 19, 2009

A Fly On The Wall...

If you were a fly on the wall at our house, here's what you would have been hearing at our house lately. These are things the kids have said either to each other or to me. Enjoy!

Setting: Zach was feeding the kids dinner while I was having coffee with a friend... they had left over cabbage, sausage, and potatoes (yummy!).
Dane: "What is this?" (looking at the cabbage)
Zach: "It's cabbage."
Teda: Very matter of factly, "Dane, that's what mommy puts in her bra."
HA! When I was trying to stop nursing Jett (that took forever!), I'd read that it helps if you put cabbage in that area to help the milk production to slow down. (sorry to any of you who are thinking- too much information!) Anyways, Teda apparently remembers that. Funny!
Then the next morning, Zach was leaving for work and told me he was going to cabin coffee to meet someone, and Teda said, "Oh, that's what we had for dinner last night." Cabin- sounds a lot like cabbage! So awesome!!!

Here's another good one... Teda and Dane were talking together after breakfast, and things got a bit heated.
Teda: "Dane, if you say that again, I'm going to be MAD at you!"
Dane: "NO, if I'm going to be mad, I'm going to be mad!"
Teda: "So we're BOTH mad!"
And like it never happened, they both were fine and went on their merry way. It was too funny! Dane is starting to stand up to her when she gets firm or bossy. He is starting to not just go along with everything she says. Most of the time he will, but there are times when he's not okay with it. They play so well together. I mean, they totally fight- but for the most part they're just the best of friends. I love it. My favorite thing is listening to them play house together or laugh together.

Here's another funny one- another morning at breakfast, Teda and Dane were talking to each other. She was telling him something and he wasn't understanding what she was saying. So she said,
Teda: "Don't you understand?"
Dane: Gets up from his chair and stands next to her, "I wanna stand... yeah"
Recalling that one just made me laugh out loud! How much better does that get? :)

And here's some Danish, if you will. Some words that he's saying that are just too cute not to put on here.
*Baynedaid: Band-aid
*By-amin: Vitamin
*Ranchant: Restaraunt

And when we were at Julie and Joel's rehearsal for the wedding (which by the way, pics to come and I'll let you know how awesome it was!), and Dane as most of you know was the ring bearer. When we got to Inspirador, he was looking all over and asking Papa and Daddy "Where is the ring bear?" He told me, "I miss him." He looked all over that place, and couldn't find that bear. Sweet boy! I told him, "You're the ring bearer buddy!" And he said, "No I'm not!" So my dad (papa) and him decided that if the ring bear doesn't show up, then he will be the one to carry the pillow with the rings down the aisle. I don't blame him- that's pretty confusing for an almost three year old to be told he's a ring bear(er)- it's like, I'm not a bear! Where is that bear!

Last night after church, Teda told me that there were some boys that were pushing her in her class, and she didn't like it. I asked her if she asked them not to do that, and she said yes. She said they listened to her and stopped. I said, oh good! I'm proud of you for standing up for yourself. And Dane, listening to all this, started telling us what he would do to those boys. He would push them in the hole and say, "No boys! Don't push my sister!" Trying to hide my laughter and smiles so he didn't think I was laughing at him told him how we can nicely tell the boys, "please don't push my sister." So he repeated that. And I said that is awesome that he wants to protect his sister. He then said, "I'm her warrior." Melt my heart!!! And she let him know that she's a warrior princess (she's so into Mulan- how she's a princess and also a warrior- she loves that she can be both!). Then at dinner when we got home, Dane must've still been thinking about that. And he said, "I'm going to titers (sister's) class." I know he said that so he could protect her, so nobody would push her. I said that's so sweet and that her teachers will look after her and make sure she's safe, and if Teda says please don't, the teachers will make sure they listen. He was okay with that answer. Siblings just have such an awesome bond. It's amazing watching this brother and sister bond that's forming with Teda and Dane, and it will be fun to see how things change a bit when Jett gets old enough to be in there too.

That's all for now- sorry for the long post, there was just so much to say!


No comments: