And I'm so ashamed for me not making the most of each day God gives me with my babies. I continually lose it with them- when they don't act how I think they should, or when they are whiny, selfish, you name it. My love is conditional. That is SO not how I want to parent. Yet why do I? I hate it. Being a mom is so hard. I feel totally unfit so often. It's hard to believe that God would entrust me with the responsibility of caring for, nurturing and loving these kids when I am such a selfish person. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids more than anything. I just wish I showed them that all the time. I know I'm going to get some comments saying not to beat myself up, and that that's just how being a mom is. But why does it have to be that way? Why does it take me being reminded by a sweet 5 year old's parents saying they wish they could have more date nights, more pizza and movie nights, more time with their baby girl before she got sick? I know God wants us to live in the moment, to enjoy each day, to not worry about the future and the what ifs, to love. Who cares if my house is a disaster area? Who cares if my blog isn't updated, my email goes unchecked a few more days than normal, etc? I know I can't blow off all my other responsibilities, but you know what I mean. Man, this life is seriously so short. And I know I don't even fully understand what I just said. I know there will be a time in my lifetime where I will lose someone very close to me, and I don't ever want that to happen. And when I do, will I be able to say that I loved them like Jesus loves them? Or that I did my best to love and cherish them? Not if I stay this selfish, that's for sure. Well anyways, enough of my venting and blabbering. When you think of it today, pray for Kate. And still be praying for baby Dylan (see my previous post for his story- and the link here for his blog).

1 comment:
amen, sister! amen!
Post a Comment