
Taking pictures of my kids is sometimes like pulling teeth (not that I know what that is like- Dad, what is that like? Ha ha... corny). No but really- the kids really never all smile at the same time, and it's like they'll be all so cute, and then when they see the camera- one of them decides not to smile, or just walks away. Oh well. Well here's a few pics I took recently of the kids- I've been enjoying dressing the boys alike sometimes, and here's them in their "I love Danger" muscle t-shirts. And Jett is learning to throw fits, so there's one of him doing that too. You can tell if you look close that I was feeding Jett goldfish to keep him in the right spot. Oh the things we do! :) But the truth is, it would look too perfect if I could ever get all three of my kids to smile altogether, and have a "perfect" picture of them. That is TOTALLY not reality, and why would I want to frame and hang on my wall something that's not realistic? The truth is, when I really think about it, that's not what I want. But why do I strive for that? To look our very best, so others can see we're all in order, behaved, clean faces, matching clothes. That's not the best example that I'm setting for my kids, to be striving for outward perfection. On the outside I can say I'm not doing that, but when I really look at it, I am (even though it's not what I want). Hmmm, something to think about and work on. Add it to my list! So the next time Teda says she's ready to go, and her hair is hanging in her face, and she doesn't want to have me put it in a pony tail or a barette, I am free to just let it go. It's good to be trying to work on things. Being a mom is showing me so many areas on that I want to improve. I'm a work in progress for sure!

No comments:
Post a Comment