Can you tell what that is on the wall RIGHT next to Jett's crib, between the slats? YES, it's a scorpioin............Ok, I'm posting this picture on here- and let me just say that when I saw this (as I got Jett out of his crib from his nap yesterday afternoon), I felt several different emotions. First, GRATEFUL to God, for protecting our little boy. Had Jett seen that scorpion, which was right where he could've just reached out and grabbed at it, who knows what would've happened to him. We'd be in the hospital for sure, and I'm just so happy he's not hurt. Second, ANGRY, that there are even stupid scorpions that can get in houses, and threaten the safety of my family. I even typed that part hard- I hate them, really I do. I feel like they're just evil, and there's no point to them even existing. Ugh. Third, ANXIOUS and HOPEFUL, to get this thing out of my house, and hoping my wonderful neighbor Dan was home to help me do that. Zach wasn't quite home from work, and my neighbor Dan, is just the best- he knows it all- he helps us with our cars, is always out in his garage, just such a wonderful presence in the neighborhood, he's friendly with everyone, and we just love him and his wife, Patti. I'm sad to think that when we find the right house to buy, we'll have to leave them, along with our other wonderful neighbors. :( Well, to my joy, Dan and Patti were home, and they rushed over to help us get the evil scorpion. He got it, and we went to his house, and Dan gave the kids a good talk about how dangerous scorpions are, and how never to pick one up or try and touch one. As soon as his talk was over, Dane replied with, "Can I have a popcicle?" Ha. (He always has otter pops in his freezer, and lets the kids come over and get one anytime- so great). And Teda on the other hand, couldn't stop thinking about scorpions. She even dreamed about them last night- and woke up in the middle of the night saying someone was going to hurt her, and she was dreaming about them. I don't blame her. I've been dreaming about cockroaches (another story- we have little baby cockroaches in our master bathroom- I know, it's totally gross. and we have the pest control coming soon.). Anyways, there you have it. God is SOOO good, and He is completely watching over us. And really, this has happened EVERY time we've found a scorpion in our house- He's allowed our eyes to see it before it's too late, and someone gets stung. And while I HATE that they're even able to get into our house, I am so grateful that we have a God who keeps watch over us. This picture I took of the crib with the scorpion though will be hard to get out of my mind. Oh, and here's the kicker- I check his crib almost every time I lay Jett down, and I didn't that time thinking, "I'm just paranoid. I never see a scorpion here. I need to just let it go." And what have we here? (I'm shaking my head) Yuck.
In the words of Dane, "Dat not right."


3 comments:
Oh- creepy, yucky, scary- eww eww eww. That pictures gives me the creeps.SO THANKFUL that Jett Jett is OK.
Lisa, I don't know if you heard but Taylor was bitten by a scorpion almost a year ago. It was the worst experience ever. Taylor ended up being air-vaced to Phx. Children's Hospital. Well this week as Hank was putting her to bed, there was a scorpion on the wall just inches from her head. Needless to say, I slept very little that night. Since then, Hank put mesh wiring in all of the vents. We have had our house sprayed 3 times within the past few weeks so I don't know why our house gets them so much except that we have lots of moisture due to grass and plants.
oh that totally makes me love my ants!
Post a Comment