Saturday, July 11, 2009

Sunburned Feet...........owie



The other day, my mom and I were at her house working on some wedding projects, and the kids had just woken up from their naps. To keep them out of the room we were in (there was candy and all kinds of things all over), I opened up the back door to let them play in the backyard. There was nothing they could've gotten into, and I felt okay with letting them play with the door open, and us in the room right near there. Well, my mom said, "I think I hear Jetty crying." And I didn't really hear it, but I walked out there to check, and Teda was carrying him from the side of the house, back towards the door. He had walked all the way over the side, way far from the shaded area. And he burned his little feet. It was so sad. He didn't even want to walk anywhere. And one of his feet burned so much that it blistered right away and then popped. Owie. We ended up taking her to my Aunt Sue's for her expertise on medical things- she's a nurse, and she's awesome! So she showed me how to clean it and take care of it while it's healing. Poor guy! So he has to walk with a big bandaid (or bayndeaid as Dane would say), and a sock on top of that. Then at night, it's airing out to heal. He's doing MUCH better now, and doesn't mind walking on it. He doesn't really like the sock thing, but he's dealing with it. :) It's so sad to think about him being outside on the hot concrete, panicking because he didn't know to go back under the shade, and me not being there to scoop him up and help him. Thinking about it now, it's really cool to know that we serve a God that is ALWAYS there to help us get back to the shade, when we walk away from it. He doesn't want me to walk away, but when I do (because I do it often), He is there to carry me back to safety. Awesome.

1 comment:

stephanie said...

what a good big sister! poor little guy...